Selective Unsync

Honestly, after just deleting everything locally in a folder I luckily had moved to bitbucket after removing from Drive but before unsyncing (due to not wanting to duplicate backups), the lack of a confirmation window should be considered a bug. Software should never delete data (especially when linked to data cloud or other backup storage) without a confirmation window. Even when I shift+delete files in Ubuntu, intending with a keystroke combination to permanently delete something, Ubuntu wisely forces me to click yes to a confirmation window.

Just weighing in here to say that this feature has turned into a deal-breaker for me. I’d moved from another cloud backup solution to this one and learned, the hard way, that when I un-sync something that it also deletes the files locally - not at ALL what I expected (based on experience with, say, Owncloud and spinoffs). I see now that there’s a big warning, which is an improvement, but that’s not what I need for functionality.

I paid for my license and don’t regret it, but will be moving to another solution. Good luck.

Personally it suits me that using Selective Unsync for folders/files deletes it from the local drive as I have a PC with minimal storage space and it is great that I can keep larger folders/files stored only in the cloud, thus saving space locally.

However I can also see the benefit of having an alternative option of having files/folders only stored locally, if one has ample local storage space, so as to save cloud storage space.

It would be excellent if the end user has both options - I certainly do not want to see the option of having folders/files only stored in the cloud being removed!

Hi @Cleauid, we’ll take note of this :slight_smile: Thank you for the feedback!

Hi,
I ran into the same issue.
It is really uncomfortable, that unsyncing files deletes my personal files.
That should really not happen.
It is really must-have to implement that feature = unsync preservers local files and stop syncing them to cloud. It is must practical must have for not-uploading development files in .git directory and so on…

Despite I love Insync, this looks like a deal-breaker, because now Insync want to upload thousands of files in my .git folder, which I do not want to upload to GDrive.

Address this basic issue for all of us please :wink:

1 Like

This is totally unintuitive and unsafe behavior. please please please add a dialogue box. because insync wasn’t synching properly I just lost all my changes from the past week because my google drive was behind my local drive.