Some files do not synchronize without restarting the service

I followed these instructions on how to install Insync as a system service: How to run Insync as a service on Windows Server

Everything worked perfectly but when I run backups that use as the destination folder any Google Drive folder the files are not synchronized.

I realized that it happens to the files that are being created by the backup software that takes some time until they are complete, other files that are copied directly to a folder are synchronized properly.

When I stop and restart the service, the files that were pending sync are synchronized properly.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Will be tagging our engineer @dipesh and he will get back to you :slight_smile:

@f3rc05ta Insync must be encountering access errors. Ideally when the last modification on the file is performed and the backup program “release” the file, the OS should emit a modification event on the erred file and Insync should pick up the change and try to resync that erring file. However, some backup programs modify the files in such a way that the OS does not emit the modification event on the file and hence Insync does not retry syncing the erring file.

Unfortunately, there isn’t really a workaround to that. We recommend that you after you login, you stop Insync as a service and start it normally as an executable so that it could give you feedback on how syncing is progressing. Those errors would get listed under the error sections and would provide you with the option to retry manually.

Thanks