Sync Exsiting folders and files now "FOLDER (2)"

I’m trying to sync and all of the files exists in both places from a previous sync. but i changed from the headless sync to the desktop sync (same machine) but now it is creating second folders along with uploading all of the files a second time. E.G. i have a folder in my root gdrive “/TV/” the folder also exists in my /home/user/user@domain.com/ folder “/home/user/user@domain.com/TV/”
when i run insync it finds thousands of items to sync and it starts creating folders in google drive like “/TV (2)/” how can i tell insync that all of the files are synced already and to assumer the files are the same and don’t need to be uploaded a second time. I tried removing my .config/Insync folder and restarting the config but the same thing happened. I have 7TB of files in gdrive and i don’t want to start over.
please help me out,

1 Like

@Dylan_Thurston1: Apologies for the trouble. Please try the following steps to create a debug log:

1. Remove your account from Insync
  2. Remove any duplicates from your Insync folder and from your Google Drive account
  3. Stop Insync
  4. Ensure your terminal has sufficient scrollback
  5. Run Insync with insync start --debug 1 --no-daemon
  6. Add your account and reuse your /home/user/user@domain.com folder
  7. Continue until you see that duplicates have been created
  8. Stop Insync and send the output on the terminal to support@insynchq.com

Dear @lpugoy , any news regarding this issue?

It is happening to me very often, and in a massive scale. I have now more than 1000 such duplicated or renamed files and folders. It will take a while to review all of them to make sure which ones are duplicates and which renamed…

The last example, yesterday I created a Git repo in my notebook, and when accessing a few hours latter from my desktop, “.git” became “.git(2)”. Interestingly, in drive.google.com, the folder would show as “.git”.

Cheers.

@Gorka_Navarrete: Apologies for not replying sooner, there is no resolution yet. Please send your logs to support@insynchq.com for investigation.

Just to say this happens to me occasionally, usually when someone has been reorganising things within Drive and I then power on a laptop which has been off for some time. So far, I’ve been able to fix it by using selective sync to remove the offending (2) folders and re-add them. They come back with the correct name.

1 Like