Sync extremely slow

Hello,
I’m having trouble with the first sync.
I am doing a selective sync of 2 folders for a total of about 3GB (upload only) but insync is painfully slow, after 6 hours it didn’t complete, also while my primary machine was uploading the file I installed insync on my laptop, apparently this causes some conflict and both my folder where deleted so I had to restart the upload, lucky I had a backup but this is not supposed to happen with a commercial product! Anyway, my biggest problem right now is the speed, I have 20MB/s in up so the connection isn’t the bottleneck, something else is, do you have a feature to remove the lock on the upload? If you don’t what can I do to fix this problem?
Both systems run Ubuntu 18.04
Thanks in advance.

How many files do you have in these two folders?

Roughly 170k. I know it’s a lot but I give up and right now I’m uploading with rclone and it’s going way better, I hope the download and sync will be faster after this.

Hi @Corxo,

We’re definitely working on sync speed improvement and I really do apologise for the trouble. :frowning:

Could you send your log files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post? Please include the exact steps during setup on the laptop and when you noticed both folders deleted.

Thank you!

Is this because of a Google limitation? I hear that google severly rate limits to two items at a time.

Are you working on a work around to this?