Sync folder on click (prioritization of sync over other app activities)

Would it possible to add an option to sync a selected folder immediately? I often switch computers and don’t want to wait until scanning of other unimportant folders is completed. I would like to prioritize one folder so that I can continue working on a new computer asap.

1 Like

Hi @p135246 :slight_smile:

Did you mean something like overriding the other processes? Right now, that would be a feature request that I’ll forward to the Product Team.

Scanning should only take a minute or two, but can take a couple more minutes for users who have a large drive. May I ask if it’s getting stuck on “Scanning…” on any of your computers? Meaning it’s taking unusually long to finish scanning your directories?

Yes, something which would run a sync process for the folder I click on immediately, no matter how many other running sync processes are there and what the state of the “scanning” process is (as far as I understand the scanning somehow looks for changed files to be put in the sync que).

I felt the need of this feature while I was still synchronizing the entire disk (ca 30GB and ten thousands of files) for the first time and it took a really long time to get to the files I edited recently and wanted to work on. After the initial sync was performed, the waiting time might be lower as you write.

1 Like

Hi @p135246! Thanks so much for providing more info on what happened.

There has been some internal discussion on this too, specifically how we can improve Insync to prioritize syncing changes over other activities. I’ve reached out to our Product Team and provided the link to this post for reference.

Let me know if you need help with anything else!

Correction:
There has been some internal discussion on this too, specifically how we can improve Insync to prioritize the sync over other activities.