Sync Linked Folders at the link location in Drive

I recently started collaborating on a project thru Google Drive.

I created a link to the collaboration folder (that was shared with me) into my ‘Work’ directory. And it is the exact place where I need it to be synced on my PC. But currently this cannot be done.

Also would like to add that the current options for syncing shared folders are ambiguous, one cannot really know what they’re doing without conducting some experiments.

Please implement/improve this feature. Otherwise, Insync is a great tool and I would purchase again. No regrets. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback! Syncing symlinks and shortcuts are not supported right now and it has not been included in features for reconsideration. One suggestion I can make is that you can customize the sync location as shown below:

Happy to answer any questions you may have about this!

It’d be sufficient for me if I could set up the sync manually for the folder. But for now, I get the error message that the folder is already being synced.

Could you please explain those 3 options for the 2-way sync visible in the screenshot? What’s the difference between them?

1 Like

If the folder is being synced, there’s a high chance that either another folder is using it or that it’s the base folder you assigned for your drive. See here for more info.

As for the 3 options, this help guide provides more context.