Sync one folder across separate computers

Hi,

I searched a bit but didnt find a solution… Here’s the situation - I work with many different clients and on some I have a computer at their office. I’d like to sync one single folder across specific computers and back to my Gdrive.

So, for instance, on my laptop I have a folder in Gdrive - Projects/client1/Tech. Then I have a computer at that office that has Deskop/Tech on it. I’ve installed insync on both and set the client computer to only sync that one single folder…

The issue is that the client computer forces the directory tree in the sync, so I end up with a folder structure on the client computer that looks like this: Desktop/Projects/client1/Tech.

I’d like to leave Tech on the Desktop and sync that to the Projects/Client1/Tech folder. Is that possible? Or will Insync always create the remote directory tree when syncing?

I hope that’s clear, I have some screenshots but didnt see a way to upload… Thanks for your time,
Daniel

1 Like

As of now this is not possible. Insync tries to replicate your folder structure on Google Drive. So if you only want to sync one folder (for example, folder A on one machine, and folder B on another) this is how it will appear:

COMPUTER 1

Your Google Drive folder

parent folder of A

folder you want to sync A

COMPUTER 2

Your Google Drive folder

parent folder of B

folder you want to sync B

*if you have other items inside your Google Drive folder, it will not sync anymore, however, it has to sync the parent folder since the folder you want to sync is inside it. Other items inside the parent folder will not be synced as well.

Hope this is clear for you :slight_smile: