Sync with both local and external drive the same google drive account

Hi there!

I have a google drive account linked to a folder in my local drive do sync some files/folders (not all google drive folders are synced to my computer - 2 way sync). This works perfectly.

But I also would like to back up the same google drive account (all folders) to an external drive. In this case will be a one way - I just want to copy everything from google drive to my external drive from time to time.

Is it possible to do that?

Thanks

Ps: The OS is Linux

1 Like

Hi @Marcio_Silva,

It seems like you’re looking for a way to sync your Google Drive account to your local computer (some folders) and to an external drive (all folders)

Currently, this is not supported. But I’d be happy to forward this to our Product Team as a feature request, if you want!

Hi @mia! Thnaks for the reply!

If it’s ok, please forward to the product team. This would be a nice thing to have. I’ve been researching how to do that and I noticed that it is not a simple thing to do. It would be great to be able to do that with a couple of clicks, like everything in insync.

By the way, thanks for the amazing application! So far I’ve been having a very positve experience using it and I also had great feedback from the persons that I referred the app to.

Thanks
Marcio

2 Likes

@Marcio_Silva I will forward this to the team. :slight_smile:

And thank you so much for the kind words, we truly appreciate users like you!! Have a wonderful start to your week, and don’t hesitate to reach out via Forums or email (support@insynchq.com) if you need anything else :grin:

Hi there again!

I was thinking about possible ways to do that what I mentioned before. Please find below a couple of suggestions:

1. Since my account already has access to my drive and it is syncing to a local folder, it would be a matter of let the same account sync to a different folder, i.e, sync the same account to two different folders at the same time.

2. Another solution would be to let the user add the same google drive account twice (I tried that… It does not work.)

Thanks again!
Marcio

1 Like

Hi @Marcio_Silva,

Insync does not allow syncing an account to more than 1 main location (Base Folder), as well as adding the same Google Drive twice. The situation you mentioned earlier are currently considered as feature requests, which I’ve already forwarded to Product :slight_smile:

works wonder. thanks a lot