Syncing for /home/sberla54/Drive is paused because it went missing (after a fresh installation)

Hi Support,
I’ve just bought a new PC a re-installed Ubuntu 18.04 from scratch, formatting only the root folder and leaving all others files in their previous place, and now I’m not able to start syncing my Drive folder again.

I receive this error: Syncing for /home/sberla54/Drive is paused because it went missing

My Drive folder is and has always been /home/sberla54/Drive.
I’ve correctly set it into Insync.
It is not a real folder, it is a symbolic link to another folder in another hard disk (but it has always been like that):
sberla54@Neuromante:~$ ll | grep Dri
lrwxrwxrwx 1 sberla54 sberla54 21 giu 18 01:35 Drive -> /media/Disco_02/Drive/

I’ve also restored my old /home/sberla54/.config/Insync folder.

What am I doing wrong?
What’s the right procedure to reinstall Insync but keep using the old folder?

I’ve collected the logs, if you want them.

Thank you in advance,
Maurizio

Hi Maurizio!

I’ve replied to your email! :slight_smile: Kindly check and let me know if you didn’t get it. Thanks!

Thank you very much Mia, I’ve seen your email :slight_smile:

Take your time.
Best regards,
Maurizio

1 Like

Hi Mia, hi all,
I’m sorry for bothering you again but I still haven’t received any answer to my mail and my ticket.

A month has passed and the question was really basic.

I’ve already managed to solve the issue by myself but could you please give me a feedback, so that I know the correct procedure for next time.

Thank you,
Maurizio

Hey @Mauriziotroilo,

Apologies for the delayed response! We’re working with our engineers to provide you with a response. :slight_smile: We’ll update you accordingly and thanks so much for the patience.