Syncing one account with different folder drives

Does Insync allow syncing same google account in different drive locations in MAC Pro?

Im connecting an external storage drives, each for one purpose, such as movies, iTunes, iPhotos.

will i be able to back them up all (sync) them in one google account but pulling the files from these different drives?

@tamarafat Yes, it is possible using the Add to Insync feature of Insync. See how-to here: How to sync folders outside of the Insync folder

Let me know if this works for you. If not, send us an email to support@insynchq.com.

Please include the link of this post.

Thank you.

I’ve tried, unfortunately once i use " ADD ti Insync" feature, it creates an additional copy to the main folder in the local hard drive, which I’m trying to avoid due to capacity reasons,

I do have many hard drives connected to the mac pro, total capacity is almost 8T, i want to keep using them connected to the mac, but at the same time, i want to upload a synced backup so i can have same scenario at work. I’m using google drive with unlimited storage for such purpose,

the only problem I’m facing, is that i should have all the data stored in one hard drive !!! is there a way to overcome this issue,

please help

@tamarafat Yes, Insync will create an Alias inside the Insync folder but it will not take much space of your HD :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Now I’m facing a problem with duplicate files created when i switched from google drive to InSync on the computer at work :frowning:

@tamarafat My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. This is unfortunate that you having a duplicate issue.

Please tell us more what happened. Send us an email to support@insynchq.com, and I will get back to you the soonest possible time.

Thanks!

I am also trying to do this. I have 4 hard drives. One already sinks to Google. I want to add the other 3, One containing the OSX operating system. The instructions do not make sense. I have no menu item as shown. I can control click the existing google drive and get “add to isync” but nothing then happens. I have yet to purchase but am loathed to do that unless I can get it to work