Syncing the same external HDD on multiple computers / OSSs

Hi, I’m currently trialling insync. And I’m wondering if it’s possible to do what I need:
I have a portable external drive (encrypted with VeraCrypt, NTFS) which contains about 2TB+ of data (~500K files).
I have two computers (desktop+laptop), each dual boot (Ubuntu+Windows10Pro).
I don’t want to sync between the computers (and OSs). Instead I’d like to work off, and sync from that same disk across the different computers and OSs.
E.g.

1. I work on my desktop-ubuntu on extHDD / ProjectA.
  2. At the end of the day I run insync to sync (i.e. backup) to the cloud ( from desktop-ubuntu / extHDD / ProjectA )
  3. I go on the road and carry on working on my laptop (laptop-ubuntu / extHDD / ProjectA)
  4. At the end of the day I run insync to sync (i.e. backup) from laptop-ubuntu / extHDD / ProjectA

Is this possible? Will the the state of the backup be recognised across the different computers / OSs? or will each computer / OS treat the extHDD as a new datasource?

Hey @Memo_Akten,

I haven’t had much experience in a dual-boot environment but Insync should recognise your external hard drive across different computer’s / OSs. One of Insync’s syncing superpowers is that you can sync across multiple machines which is the case here. Let me know if you have any more questions! :slight_smile: