Team Drives syncing takes forever (4 weeks now)

I’ve got Insync 1.5.1 on my windows 2008R2 server syncing our local store of company data to the Team Drives. There are about 720,000 files and 260GB. It has been about 4 weeks and there are still 600,000 items remaining.

In the meantime, Windows updates needed, so a reboot is needed.
At one point there was about 400,000 items remaining, but after a windows update and reboot, it jumped back to 600,000. Very odd stepping backwards like that.

The local server data is not changing much. a few files added/deleted each day.

It is very frustrating to not see progress with 4 weeks of syncing.
And we have fast fiber data connections.

I’m ready to start over with Google’s Backup & Sync (File stream does not work on server) and abandon Insync… unless someone could offer some glimmer of hope?

thanks, greg

More on this behaviour…
Logged back to the server now and the items remaining when up again.
From 597k to 607k items remaining
An I know we did not add that many files.
it seems that it just never wants to finish.

any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
greg

Hi @It_Manager,

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall 1.5.1, by any chance? If not, let me know how it goes but reinstall the 1.5.3 build instead.

If the issue persists, send your log files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post. :slight_smile: Thank you!

Update…it has been over 2 weeks since the last update.
installed 1.5 and now 1.5.4 today.
Still over 430,000 files left to “sync”.
Only a gain of about 170,000 files in 18 days.
At this rate, another month to finish.
We don’t have a slow internet connection.
And this thing runs 24/7.
I do not get why this takes so long.
Having a party the day it finishes.

My apologies for the wait and thank you so much for being patient with us. :slight_smile: We’ve just released 1.5.5 here. Do you mind updating and letting me know if the stuck syncing persists?

quick update. the syncing is ongoing with v1.5.5. I have a lot of files yet to sync. I will wait it out (again) to see if it really completes. There are about 240,000 items left and the average time for items is about 900 items/hour. thats 267 hrs or 11 days. I guess this is the challenge we have for syncing large file structures.

I have a similar problem.
You can VASTLY improve your sync-time if you can zip the files.
When I have 100k files (documents of some sort, pictures) I want to back up, I’ll just put them into a zip file. It takes a minute or two to sync the single file.
Then unzip in a file on your desktop, and if you want to save another backup, just put another zip file in the cloud.
I know the syncing of all those files won’t be INSTANT, but it worked for me separating what I needed instantly updating from what I just need backups of.

Otherwise, yes, insync will go forever and ever. Can’t imagine 720k @ 260GB!!