Three junctions in my Windows Documents folder cause errors

I have a Linux machine synced through Google Drive to a Windows machine. I am trying to have my Linux ‘/home/myusername/Documents’ folder synced with c:\Users\myusername\Documents. I set it up with the Windows context menu ‘InSync’ ‘sync’ option and it works just fine. Files are synced as expected. However my Windows ‘Documents’ folder contains three hidden Junctions: My Documents -> Documents, My Music -> Music and My Videos -> Videos. These three causes three errors in InSync:

C:\Users\myusername\Documents\My Pictures was not uploaded because syncing symlinks is not supported. Please use Local Selective Sync from the Cloud Browser and choose the target folder to be synced.

C:\Users\myusername\Documents\My Videos was not uploaded because syncing symlinks is not supported. Please use Local Selective Sync from the Cloud Browser and choose the target folder to be synced.

C:\Users\myusername\Documents\My Music was not uploaded because syncing symlinks is not supported. Please use Local Selective Sync from the Cloud Browser and choose the target folder to be synced.

How can get rid of those errors? Can I have Insync ignore them somehow? Can I delete the three junctions from the Documents folder? I assume they have to do with backwards compatibility with older versions of Windows. I tried making ignore rules like this: "c:\Users\myusername\Documents\My Music’ but that didn’t work either.

Any advice?

Hi @cdysthe :slight_smile: You can disable those, please check out the Preferences section in this guide: https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/3010339-insync-3-ui-guide

Do note that those junctions (symlinks) are not supported on Insync 3, which means that if you want to sync those, you can do it via Local Selective Sync, this time choosing the actual (target) folder.

So I do not really disable the symlinks, I stop being notified about them, right? I just want to understand how this works.

The symlinks will still exist, but they will no longer be synced since it is not supported on Insync 3.

The settings I shared above stops the notification.