Trying to change drive folder freezes Insync [Solved]

I’ve moved my Google drive folder to another location. However, when I try changing the folder in Insync, it freezes (after showing “Permission denied Error 13” and I select “Choose another location”). Apparently while trying to open a new dialog:

The only way out is to kill Insync.

(Insync 3.7.2.50318 on Linux)

Hi @Gerenuk,

When this happens, please do press Esc to exit that blank pop-up window.

Can you please let me know if you have a “Base folder is missing” message?

I do have a “Base folder is missing” message in the error.
Pressing Esc to exit the window works, but I still cannot change the base folder.

Hi @Gerenuk ,

To help you remove this prompt and set up the account again, please follow the steps below:

1. Removed account with missing base folder. To know how to remove your account, visit this Help Article.
  2. Re-added the same account
  3. Set up Insync again and point it to the preferred) base folder

Let me know how this goes :slight_smile:

That works. Thanks! Would still be good to fix the bug at some point.

1 Like

Yes, indeed we need to deploy a more permanent fix for this.

Let me bring it up with our team :slight_smile: Thank you so much for reporting this, @Gerenuk!

This also happened for me, exactly same Permission denied error 13 and exact same box appears and so I can’t change locations.

My situation was that I was changing

/mountpointold/insyncfiles/ --> /mountpointnew/insyncfiles/

so as you can see I’m simply chanigng the mount point as in the new location already contains all my files, I just want InSync to update it’s path.

I’m concerned if I disconnect the account and then login again and set it to the new mountpoint location it doesn’t check for prexisting files and gets cleared. Is this the case if I sign back in and point to the proper location? Or will it perform the sync properly? I would hope it just does a comparison and thus syncs nothing as it matches what is in cloud. It’s hundreds of gig so if it has to re-download everything (not sure why it would if files already right there), it is going to be a headache.

Either way, would be great if this bug could be patched please!

InSync v3.6.1.50206
Linux Ubuntu 18.06

*** UPDATE ***

For some reason it is now duplicating certain files… this does not bode well for my 100s of GB to be updated…

Hi @bgxcode,

The ideal scenario was that it would only match the local items with what’s in the cloud. :disappointed_relieved: Could you please send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?