Ubuntu 17.04: Cannot open app window after setting Insync folder | Location /mnt/freedom already in use

I have a shared NTFS data partition on my dual boot system, mounted to /mnt/freedom, and I want to set this as my Insync folder, selectively syncing folders within it. After installing Insync and opening it, I log into Google Drive, and select /mnt/freedom as the Insync folder, and select only some folders on Google Drive to selectively sync.

The Insync icon appears in my Gnome panel, but when I right click it and select ‘open app Window’ nothing happens. I know before this something has already gone wrong, as I am not prompted to install Nautlius integration and I do not receive the notification ‘is on the up!’ as normal. I reinstalled many times, deleting ~/.config/Insync every time and rebooting, but this made no difference. I just emailed to Support: out-no-app-window.txt and logsno-app-window.db.

In testing, trying to find a way to fix this myself, I have discovered I am able to use Insync fine if I completely uninstall, remove ~/.config/Insync, reinstall, and then select a folder at the top level of the partition, say /mnt/Insync/testfolder! The problem is that I do not want to use a folder on the partition as my Insync folder - I want to use THE PARTITION as my folder, /mnt/freedom.

With Insync working with /mnt/Insync/testfolder, I paused syncing, and manually changed the Insync folder in the application window to /mnt/freedom, but this gave the error: ‘Location /mnt/freedom is already being used!’. I then unmount /mnt/freedom and I am able to then apply the changes, but when I remount the partition to /mnt/freedom the app window no longer opens again. I just emailed to Support: out-already-used.txt and logs-already-used.db.

I thought that perhaps the issue was to do with selecting an entire partition as the Insync folder, so I tried to do the exact same thing on my laptop, which also is dual boot with a shared NTFS data partition mounted to /mnt/freedom, and it worked perfectly!

Next I read on the forums some people have fixed the same issue by deleting their old Insync folder and creating a new one, so I unmounted /mnt/freedom, removed the folder, and created a new one (with a different name just in case), this seemed to work, but as soon as I tried to mount my shared NTFS data partition to the same location, Insync stopped working again, the application window would not open.

If relevant, I automount the partition in /etc/fstab with this line: UUID=DE98273E98271515 /mnt/freedom ntfs-3g defaults,nls=utf8,umask=000,uid=1000,windows_names 0 0 (again, the same as on my laptop)

Can you please tell me how to fix this? I am desperate! :scream:

Let me tag our engineer and he will get back to you :slight_smile:
@jimperio