Ubuntu 23.04 insync fails

Fresh install of Ubuntu 23.04 Lunar Lobster, I installed Insync version 3.85.50499. When I click on add OneDrive nothing happens at that point.

Henry

1 Like

Hi @hewjr100!

Just wanted to confirm a few things. Please run these commands:
apt-cache policy insync

As for not being able to add a OneDrive account, when you mentioned that nothing happens past that point, am I understanding that when you try adding your OneDrive account, not even a web browser pops up?

apt-cache policy insync
insync:
Installed: 3.8.5.50499-lunar
Candidate: 3.8.5.50499-lunar
Version table:
*** 3.8.5.50499-lunar 100
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

No nothing happens or opens.

@hewjr100 Hello and thanks for waiting! Apologies for the trouble. Could you try to reinstall Insync and add your OneDrive account again? Let me know how that goes.

Same problem. I took a short video, but I do not know how to send it to you.

Henry

I tried uninstalling and deleted insync from .cache and .config. Removed from ubuntu other software and ran bleachbit as root and user. Restarted and reinstalled Insync and still no response when I click on add Google or One drive.

Henry

I do not know what went wrong, but I figured it out. I had to do a fresh install of ubuntu 23.04. But this time I did not restore my system with Aptik. If you are not familiar with Aptik it is a paid app that basically backs up the entire system. There must be a glitch somewhere within the app. Anyway I was able to get Insync up and running. Sorry for the trouble I caused.

Henry

1 Like

No troubles caused at all, @hewjr100 :slight_smile: Glad to hear it’s back up and running on your end. Please don’t hesitate to contact us via email (support@insynchq.com) if you need anything else :slight_smile:

It happened again. I decided to dual boot Windows 22H2 with Ubuntu 23.04. Did a fresh install of Wimdows and then did a fresh install of Ubuntu. Dula booting is something I have done for many years. I was hope-ing not to but since I am having this issue with insync 3.85x I need a system that can backup and sync my files. Anyway I remove Ubuntu 23.04 fro the system and running Windows 22H2 with one drive only. Will wait until insync is much more mature. Sorry but I know it is not easy keeping insync compatible with a lot systems out there and the ever changing lanscape.

Henry