Ubuntu ARM64 support

I have been trying to install insync on Ubuntu 16.04 but it seems to be incompatible with ARM64 are guys able to make a built for a Ubuntu 16.04 ARM64 it would be very helpful for users on Linux on Dex

1 Like

We’ve noted this as a feature request. We will update the forums as soon as we have support.

I would like to add that with Pine64 devices getting out there, there is a growing need for ARM64 builds for other platforms as well.

Hmm. Still waiting for a RockPi4/Debian version. Just tried rclone (earlier version 1.35) and this enables a google drive to be locally mounted if you need a temporary fix.

Hello,
Any update in this topic? I was trying to install insync-headless and still get missing dependency libc6:amd64, so for sure I have not arm64 package (I’m using Ubuntu 20.04)

Hi @Pawel_B,

I will forward this to our engineers to see how we can move forward with the requests on ARM64 support as well as the issue on the missing dependency you mentioned.

Would you like to try out a test build when that’s available? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @mia - than you for you quick reply!
I will test your test build with a pleasure!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Arm64 Please and Thanks! We love Insync!

1 Like

Yes ARM64 support please!

1 Like

Hello! For those of you looking for ARM64 support, please check this out: ARM64 Headless test build

Note that this is exclusively for Insync 3 Headless (which also offers a different licensing model than our Desktop/GUI version).

Feel free to post your user experience on that ARM64 Headless thread :slight_smile:

Hello! Are there any news regarding a Linux arm64 version?

1 Like

Hi @AaronR, this is currently not yet active in our pipeline, but I would be happy to +1 you to the feature request.

Add one more, please

1 Like

add another please for Raspberry Pi :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll also back this and say how annoying I find arm :smiley:

I have Windows (amd64) and Macos (arm64) and am happily running Insync on both. I have Linux VMs running on both of them. Linux (amd64) works fine with Insync.

But no progress on Linux (arm64) for two years? That test build doesn’t work, not surprising since I’m sure the API has evolved since then.

Insync markets itself as running on all major platforms - it’s the primary reason I bought it.

Hello @mlsquires! I understand your sentiments regarding the current limitations on Linux. I will raise this with our Linux Team as other users have also followed up in the past few months.

Thank you for using your voice to express and provide feedback!! This helps us pursue the right direction for our community. I truly appreciate users like you!