Unable to start Insync Opensuse (fixed via workaround)

@FrankD Could you let me know what resolution you’re using? (ie display resolution of the screen – 1920x1080, etc)

The resolution of my laptop screen is 2880x1800, and I enable 200% global scaling.

1 Like

Is it reasonable for insync to take up 234MB memory without any uploading or downloading events?

Hi @FrankD,

Let me check that out with our team and I’ll circle back to you when I have more information!

Btw - @FrankD does this persist even after restarting Insync?

Yes, it seems worse.

Do you mind sending your latest logs.db and out.txt to support@insynchq.com, addressed to me? I’ll have that one checked to see what’s causing the increased usage when there isn’t any ongoing sync.

Those 2 files should be in ~/.config/Insync.

I have sent the log files to you.

1 Like

Responded to your email as well @FrankD :slight_smile:

I’m sorry for that I forgot to attach the log files to the email. It’s my fault.

I have sent it again.

@FrankD No worries, I got the logs in your latest email. Thank you!!

Hi @FrankD, could you please install the Fedora 36 build for your OpenSUSE machine, and let me know if you bump into the same issues as the above? https://www.insynchq.com/downloads (also available in the repositories)

I tested it just now, it can start normally now.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that, @FrankD!! I appreciate you for posting your update here :slight_smile:

Any update about the blur tray icon ?

Hi @FrankD,

Let me follow it up and see where it is in our pipeline :slight_smile:

Could you run gtk-update-icon-cache /usr/share/icons/hicolor then restart your computer and then restart Insync?

I tried it just now and it was not working. It will still blur when startup.

@FrankD Ok, let me circle back on this and update you :slight_smile:

I have a new discovery. Insync tray icon will blur in X11 mode, but it will not blur in Wayland mode.