Unable to start Insync

Hi,

I am a licensed user of Insync for the past couple of years.

I was using Manjaro linux until yesterday and it was kinda slow and hence I switched back to Mageia. I was able to setup Mageia to my liking. I have downloaded the rpm version of Insync from Insync website and I was able to install it without any issues. However, I am not able to start it anymore. Whenever I try to start insync with the command “insync start” and I am getting the below error message.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 6, in <module>Preformatted text
  File "__main__.py", line 128, in <module>
  File "__main__insync__.py", line 125, in <module>
  File "isyncd/linux/headless/cli.py", line 49, in run
  File "__main__insync__.py", line 30, in main
  File "ctypes/__init__.py", line 361, in __init__
OSError: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by /usr/lib/insync/libexpat.so.1)

I checked with Mageia forums and I came to know that Mageia is shipping with GLIBC 2.22 only. Can someone help me? Is there a older version of Insync that I can install which does not require GLIBC 2.25? If not, what are my options?

Thanks,
Balaji.

Balaji,

insync-1.4.9.37127 works with Mageia version 6/6.1.

I’m also running Mageia and came across your post when trying to solve the same problem. I downgraded to insync-1.4.9.37127 and now it’s working again.

If you have dnf installed and the repository setup, then you can just run “dnf install insync-1.4.9.37127” and it will downgrade to 1.4.9.

Otherwise the packages from Fed 27 seem to work.

–Jeff

1 Like