Unexpected attribute error

When I try to sync a folder from my Google Drive to an external hard drive I get an error that reads: Unexpected error AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute 'new_op

Any help is appreciated. This worked a couple of weeks ago.

Hi @Mark_Letteney,

Any chance you’ve sent an email to support@insynchq.com? If not, please click the dropdown for that error message and choose “REPORT” so we can be notified! Do include your logs.db and out.txt files as well: https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/1834816-locating-the-log-files

FWIW, I got the same error, on a PC. here’s what happened:

• unsync a team drive
  • try to remove the unsynced local drive. be prevented from dooing that because some files are “in use”
  • since it’s still not possible after a dozen of seconds, shut down Insync, and then remove successfully the local drive
  • restart Insync. that’s when you get the message

Personally, I got rid of the notification (that appears whenever Insync is started) by first quitting Insync, recreating a folder with the exact same path as the one I previously removed (but empty this time), and restarting Insync. No error this time, and afterwards I could remove the folder once and for all.

1 Like

Thanks for walking me through the steps you took that got to this error as well as what you did to clear it. :slight_smile:

Do you mind sharing your logs.db and out.txt files? You can send that to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post :slight_smile:

1 Like