Unexpected error CurlError

Ubuntu 18.04.4 Insync 3.1.2.40785

After re-installing insync I am unable to connect to either my Google Drive or OneDrive accounts, both being stuck on “Connecting to Insync…”

I then tried the alternate login code generating method and get the following error
Unexpected error CurlError:(77.‘error setting certificate verify locations:\nCAfile:/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt\n CApath:none’)

Have managed to get connected. I identified that ca-certificates.crt file was missing within /etc/ssl/certs

I copied a ca-certificates.crt file from another ubuntu install linked to the same account into /etc/ssl/certs and was then able to connect to both of my accounts. (am just wondering if it would have been better to have copied from a freshly installed, but unconnected, insync - e.g. from a virtual box install or similar)

To copy into the certs folder I first had to enable root permissions by entering the following command in Terminal
sudo -i nautilus /home/$USER
replace $USER with the name of your own home folder

Hello! Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for sharing with us the workaround that you did to make the log in happen! :slight_smile:
Do you mind sending us the log files from the computer where this bug appeared? Kindly send it to support@insynchq.com so we can further investigate this issue and prevent it from happening again. :slight_smile: Thank you!

Log files submitted as per your request

1 Like