Version 3.9 won't start on Ubuntu Focal Mate system

I downloaded the new version and installed it. It would not start from the menu.

When I tried starting it from the command line I get the error message “illegal instruction” and again it will not start.

Downgraded to the old version, it works.

Ubuntu users: don’t install version 3.9

Hi @Bill_Miller! Could you please send me the logs.db and out.txt files? You can email that to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post. Thank you!

Done per your request

1 Like

Thank you! I will update on this thread as soon as I know more.

Version 3.9.1.60010 works great on Debian 12 and Ubuntu 20.04

1 Like

Thank you once again @Bill_Miller!

Bill, I am glad it is working for you. Unfortunately for me, it is not working here on my Debian/12.5/bookworm system. It certainly initiates, but does not “start”. Instead it remains at the process “/usr/lib/insync/insync start”, no icon comes up on the system tray. If I initiate “insync status”, it says it has not started. So, not started, and no icon. How can I possibly tell if it is working?

1 Like

Hi @freelsjd, my apologies that this issue still persists on your end.

Could you please send a new set of logs from ~/.config/Insync, and email it to support@insynchq.com? Please also run the insync start --no-daemon command and share the output as well.

Thank you!

@freelsjd Please disregard the previous message. Could you share the output of these 2 commands please:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/insync.list
lsb_release -a

Thank you!

@freelsjd Please try https://cdn.insynchq.com/builds/linux/3.9.2.60030/insync_3.9.2.60030-bookworm_amd64.deb and let me know how it goes!

I am pleased to inform you that this version (3.9.2.60030) is now working as expected on Debian 12.6/bookworm. Thank you so much for all the hard work and support !

1 Like

cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/insync.list
deb http://apt.insync.io/debian bookworm non-free contrib

lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
Release: 12
Codename: bookworm

1 Like

I deeply appreciate your positive update, @freelsjd! Thank you for your perseverance and patience on this issue.

Have a great rest of your week!