What happens to google drive folder after installing insync?

Hi,

After installing insync and setting new folder for existing google drive folders to sync in it, google drive folder file still exists in the finder menu.

It also contains all the same files as new insync folder. Therefore occupies two times more space on my copmuter.

What should I do with existing google drive folder?

Hi @begum_ural actually, ideally is you could have re-used your Google Drive folder for Insync. However, if you have downloaded all the files via Insync, kindly follow Google Drive’s instructions to uninstall it from your machine so your files will be safe.

Thank you!

What is the best step then after installing Insync?

Is it removing Google Drive Application and then installing Insync on my mac?

Hi @begum_ural yes, just make sure that your Google Drive files remain intact after uninstalling it.

Thanks!

Hi,

Now, we are running into another problem, a more critical one, which is that my colleague cannot log into the existing insync account of eayaz84@gmail.com. It prompts him to pick a folder to sync everything, as if the setup is just starting. We don’t want to pick again as we are afraid of insync duplicating the files (which it has done before!).

Can you please help, this is urgent as well since we use it in our company’s daily operations.

Thanks!

Can you let me know the OS of eayaz84@gmail.com?

Upon setup, there is no option to reuse the old Insync/Google Drive folder?

10.10.2 OS Yosemite MAC

There is the option to use the old insync/drive folder, though we are afraid that it will lead to duplication of folders/files, a case we cannot tolerate as 20 people are collaborating on a folder structure of 500+ gb, and we cannot afford to clean up the system as we had to before.

Hi @begum_ural the workaround is to use selective sync as you setup (number 2 in part two of this article: https://medium.com/@insync/insync-1-3-with-file-matching-is-finally-here-94a6ae957bc1#.992t0gocl)

Or re-use the existing folder for this. Let me know if you have other questions :smile: