What went Missing was my Thunderbird Mail folder

I was just congratulating myself for ‘correctly’ following recommended approach to installing Insync on a second computer. Actually, it is the same computer with a reinstalled Linux Ubuntu (16.10) OS.
One of the things I’m syncing is my Mail folder from Thunderbird (don’t ask…).
I thought I had it set up neatly but the new Thunderbird installation (naturally, in hindsight) has a new ID for its ‘profile.default’ folder, in which resides the Mail folder.
I copied in my old Mail folder into the new profile and set up the link into my Gdrive (in my case) folder. But I had not taken into account that the mail folder would have hidden in it somewhere the old profile ID code. Thus … Insync ‘Paused Because …Went Missing’ has resulted. Renaming the ‘profile.default’ folder with the correct code just results in Thunderbird saying it cannot ‘access its profile folder/or it doesn’t exist’
I can think of a load of long-winded things I might do to resolve this, but I wonder if there is an efficient solution?

tagging our engineer @lpugoy and he will get back to you.

@David_Oser: I’m not familiar with Thunderbird so I might get some details wrong. From what I understand, you synced your <profile>.default account from Thunderbird to Google Drive. Let’s say your old profile is named foo, so it becomes foo.default. Then you reinstalled Ubuntu but now Thunderbird used a new profile name, let’s say bar.

So you tried to move the foo.default folder from your Google Drive folder to your Thunderbird folder, but that raised an error that Thunderbird cannot acces the profile folder. When you tried to rename foo.default to bar.default Insync then raised an error that foo.default went missing.

If this is correct so far, I think what you can try is to keep the foo.default folder inside the Google Drive folder then add a symlink in the Thunderbird folder named bar.default that points to the foo.default folder. Hope this helps.