When will Ubuntu 16.10 be supported in the repository?

Hi,

When will Ubuntu 16.10 be supported in the repository. Also, I have now installed from the deb. When I later add the repository will the current install be upgraded, or do I need to uninstall the deb package and install from the repository?

I would like to add that Insync by far is the best cloud sync solution! We also have some machines running Dropbox on Windows and Linux but Insync is more reliable, faster and uses less system resources than anything I have tried. Way to go!

@Christian_Dysthe: We’ll be adding Ubuntu 16.10 with the next 1.3 release. There is an issue with the post install script in the current version when installing in Ubuntu 16.10, so we’ll add it when the fix has been released.

Hi,

It installed without any problems on my Ubuntu 16.10 Beta 2 machine, so either you guys fixed it, or Ubuntu has been updated so that the Insync instaler no work. I was also asking if I need to remove the deb installe I now run when you have a working repository for Ubuntu 16.10, or will it the current install be upgraded according to the repository? The package I installed was insync_1.3.11.36106-trusty_amd64.deb

@Christian_Dysthe: I see. In some cases the post install script will still work but we’re targeting the case where it wouldn’t. The current version you installed will be upgraded automatically when we start supporting the repo for Ubuntu 16.10.

@Christian_Dysthe: Ubuntu 16.10 is now supported in the repos.

It won’t install on my machine following upgrade to 16.10. I removed and reinstalled it and now unable to open it.

@Gareth_Dunley: What is the output when you run insync start --no-daemon?

could you please point me to the instructions/command lines (ppa?) to install insync on Ubuntu 16.10

@Grange_Beach: Just download the installer for Ubuntu 14.04+ in www.insynchq.com/downloads in the “Installers” section. It should add the PPA entry automatically.

doing what you said does install the program correctly but does not add any PPA - I would like to receive any insynch updates automatically when I do a system update, so I would appreciate the commands to manually add the ppa to ubuntu 16.10

@Grange_Beach: How did you confirm that the PPA was not added? Could you check if the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/insync.list was not created?

i can confirm your file was not created.

i checked under software & updates.

@Grange_Beach: I see. Can you check it directly also? You can do this by opening a terminal and running cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/insync.list. Please run the following commands as well:

• grep -r insync /etc/apt
  • apt-cache search insync