Windows 10 doesn't sync - or does it just take forever?

I’ve install insync on windows 10 and it doesn’t seem to sync to either account I have (I have a pro account). I removed my local accounts and re-added. The first one adds okay but doesn’t sync. Adding the second account hangs waiting for login because, I’m guessing, the first account hasn’t returned.

Digging around the log files I see this in “out.txt”

Python WNDPROC handler failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “isyncd\win\htmlui_impl.pyo”, line 154, in __OnShow
File “isyncd\win\uielements.pyo”, line 127, in heave
pywintypes.error: (87, ‘SetFocus’, ‘The parameter is incorrect.’)

Hmm, I’m not sure python is loaded so I’ll try installing python 2.7 (I’m guessing) first and see if it helps.

I’ve created zip file of my log area: C:\Users\steve\AppData\Roaming\Insync, but I’m not sure how to attach it here. Hopefully it will be more obvious in a reply or somewhere where ??

Steve

hmm, I installed python 2.7 and 3.5 (2.7 just because so many other tools use it still, and 3.5 because its the one I use the most).

Anyway, restarted insync and now I at least see the progress has a count on it (5200ish) and it’s doing something :slight_smile: I am also able to create my second account and that seems to be syncing also.

So problem solved I guess. Documented here for others to try.

Except I’m not sure what python was running with insync before. Does insync install it’s own python version or does it depend on what may be on the system?

Will be tagging our engineers to look into this @dipesh @lpugoy, thanks! :smile:

Hello @Steve_Allen,

Insync includes and uses its own python interpreter, you need not install python. The error you cited above is harmless. Have you not been able to setup your second account? Is there any error message on the UI?

Initial sync may take a bit of time. If you are still experiencing issues, please send to us the Insync logs at support@Insynchq.com

Thanks