WSL2 unauthorized_client

I am following the get started guide for insync-headless inside WSL2 but the command insync-headless account add -a [code] -c gd keeps returning

Sorry, an error occurred: (<HTTPStatus.UNAUTHORIZED: 401>, b'{\n  "error": "unauthorized_client",\n  "error_description": "Unauthorized"\n}') 

I understand this step is required to start syncing my files properly from inside wsl2

PD: I checked that when I give an incorrect code it returns a differente error i.e. Sorry, an error occurred: Auth code received is invalid. Please try again.

1 Like

@falwir hello! Apologies for the trouble. Let me forward this to our engineer for feedback and advise.

@falwir Could you update to 3.2.6? New Headless version: 3.2.6 and let me know how it goes?

same here.

<HTTPStatus.UNAUTHORIZED: 401>, b’{\n “error”: “unauthorized_client”,\n “error_description”: “Unauthorized”\n}’>

Debian Buster insync-headless. Have another account working.

would love to, put the links to version 3.2.6 are not operational. I would like to state that this is NOT freeware.

@conejero I have requested the links to be re-activated following your post on the 3.2.6 thread. Thank you for your patience!

Hi I successfully added my account using the updated version

However when I use “insync-headless account show” it says “Subscription: Office Trial (expired)” and when I use “insync-headless selective-sync” it throws an error stating “KeyError: ‘subscription-expired’” which I interpret as a not properly configured machine

Following this link I use the machine ID returned from “insync-headless subscription show” to Assign it at https://legacy.insynchq.com/dashboard/licenses

However this location shows me the following instead of the option to assing the machine ID to my subscription

What should I do? Thanks for this software

1 Like

Hi @falwir! Looks like I have reached out to you as well via our chat/email support lines!

This license type does not support Insync-headless. I’d be happy to assist you in making sure you have the correct license to get Insync-headless working. Please make sure to check your inbox for instructions!