Cache clearing issues?

Hi,

I have a problem regarding the way cache is managed my Insync’s client on my Mac:

I’m running out of space on my hard drive, so I 1) selectively unsynced a lot of folders, then 2) disconnected one of my two Google accounts from Insync, and finally, 3) I deselected a couple large folders that were shared with me by other Google users, so that they are not synced on my hard drive.

In spite of all this, the available space on my hard drive has not changed AT ALL. I turned off and restarted Insync a couple times to make sure the metadata would be fresh, but the available space hasn’t changed at all, even thought I should have at least 10 extra free Gigabytes.

In the past, I’ve seen the same bug, and it took Insync like a couple weeks to, all of a sudden realize that there were xxx extra Gigabytes.

How can the wipe/refresh of the actual available space be quicker? Ideally, it should be instantaneous.

Thanks,

Domito

@domito Please try to look for the .insync-trash folder. It is a hidden Insync folder. Please delete the contents of this folder. Let me know if this helps. If not, send us an email to support@insynchq.com together with you logs.db and out.txt file. Also, please include the link of this post.