Can you configure the number of Simultaneous or Concurrent File Transfers

I would like this, too.

Heh… few lines of code… and many people are waiting for this feature since more than year…
Maybe you can give this piece of code to smbd to do that for you?

Looks like, it isn’t possible yet… Any others ideas to increase sync speed? I have to upload 85Gb at once and it’s already running since a few days…
NB. My bandwidth is far from being fully used (50Mbit symetric)…

Thanks!

I have more than 9 TB of files on GD, and this feature is taking forever. Insync is doing minimal efforts to improve its product.

I need this too! ASAP.

I’m using the headless client on my server and it takes about a week for an inital sync of 80k files (160gb) this is insane and makes this Products unusable!

I’ve just started using this to sync over 2 TB of pictures and video. I’ve had it running for hours and all it’s done is create folders. I purchased a license for this? You’ve been promising this feature for almost two years. When will this be addressed?

1 Like

I just got word that this feature is only for Insync 2 and not 1.x. So don’t hold your breath for it.

Is there is a timeline for Insync 2 being released?

Haven’t heard of one. Don’t think they will provide one.
Such a major release can take arbitrarily long for a small team like Insync. Won’t be surprised if it takes another year or two or even longer.

They keep promise things which will not come any sooner. My upload speed is dead slow as well. not even 1/10 of my ISP bandwidth.

To be fair, increasing upload speed can be quite complicated. Merely changing the number from 2 to something larger probably won’t have any material effect.
Google places many visible and invisible limits on the use of its public API, and may change these limits at times. As end users, we don’t know what Insync’s overall usage status of Google’s API is. I’m wildly speculating here, but maybe they’re at risk of exceeding some limits if they increase the speed too much. Maybe they could request a higher quota from Google, but that may depend on their resources and their relation with Google. Meanwhile, there’re other features they could implement or improve independently of Google, and that could be why improving speed isn’t the first thing on their list.

That said, I do think Insync can improve their communication with customers. Misleading messages and keeping your customers in the dark are sure ways to create frustrations and resentments.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information. I will reconsider switching back to Google’s won client application sice it does not have the speed problems.

I’ve got the same problem!
DEAD SLOW upload speeds 50 - 500 Bytes/sec
Internet connection (speedtested): 95Mbit DOWN / 35Mbit UP so at least 4000KBytes UP available.
Recently upgraded Google Drive to 1TB to allow for my NAS to sync the 800GB (170,000 files) of important data.

TIP TIP… I’ve actually got NetBalancer as a 3rd party program that controls my bandwidth! Works great! I’ve set it to limit Insync.exe to 1000KBytes/sec, obviously it wiill never get there but NetBalancer works great!!

But I’m getting a bit disappointed now with this product I bought years ago but never used to it’s full potential.
Looks like I’m going to look for alternatives then… :frowning: Too bad because I DO really like the product and the fact that you can use a network drive as a source.

Any updates on this feature?

Have there been any developments on this? Really Slow

any news on this feature? The initial post is now quite old.

Given that Insync still sometimes encounters rate limit issues, I don’t think they’ll really consider giving users the freedom to set multi-threaded upload / download any time soon.
See the linked thread below.

In the new 1.4 version release notes it says:

-Increased number of concurrent uploads/downloads.

Haven’t tried it yet, but that should make things better… hopefully.

Can confirm Insync 1.4 supports 4 concurrent uploads/downloads.
That’s a pleasant development.

I would also like to see options to limit number of active connections and bandwidth limitations.