Cannot resolve 'no permission to delete this file'

I have several Thumbs.db files in my list of ‘Actions Required’ and I don’t know how to resolve the issue. I don’t know where these specific documents are located (there is one in almost every folder on a mac, so searching isn’t going to help!).

Can anyone shed any light on this?

@Oliver_Jobson Right now yes unfortunately the UI does not expose the full path to the affected file. What do you think about putting the full path, and perhaps making the filename/path clickable to show the file on Finder?

For now, you can send us your logs at support@insynchq.com and we can help you further with this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience! How to find the log files

1 Like

Hi, yes I believe that would definitely help. Early this morning (GMT/UTC) I realised that one resolution would be to search within google drive (within the web GUI) for all the thumbs.db files that are stored there and then delete them, which has resolved the issue.

I have 3,647 actions required for similar reasons as Oliver_Jobson above. Surely there must be a way to just clear these out in one go? Unfortunately, these are mostly JPG files and may be all over the place. (I have tried uninstalling and re-installing InSync to no avail.) Help needed.

I too have been seeing this problem on 3 different Google accounts and computers. Is there a real reason for this and a way to fix?