Chose where to / multiple destination folders

Hi,
I’d like to have Insync acting as a bridge between computers.
Therefore, I would like to be able to chose Insync sill sync TO.

Currently I can chose “from where” through the right click menu and “add to Insync”
But the sync on the other side will always end up into the Insync/email folder.

I would like to be able to tell Insync where each root folder needs to be sync to and just by pass the “sync everything into one place”

Is this already possible?

Stan

@sbrusse I want to make sure I understand your problem first: you want to sync say Folder X (outside of the Insync folder) on Computer A to Google Drive but don’t want that Folder X synced to Computer B?

Hi @terpua,
Thanks for your quick response!

To be precise, here is my situation :
I’m working with few companies that has files on network drives.
I need to be able to re-create the exact same folder structure/architecture locally than what they have on their network.
The files we are working with are calling other files on the network, so they need to be at the exact same spot.

For example, this is a typical folder structure :
p:/client_001/job_001/folder_001/file.ext

I need to be able to re-create that exact same path locally.
The goal is to have my local hard drive and the network drive in the office having the exact same structure.

For the moment I can go on my computer in the office and tell insync to sync the folder “job 001” (through the right click menu “add to insync”) but on the other side, I can’t tell insync on my local computer to sync that folder in p:/
It goes automatically in the insync/email/gdrive folder that I could have put in c:/

So in the office it’s this :
p:/client_001/job_001/folder_001/file.ext
p:/client_002/job_009/folder_001/file.ext

At home I will end up with this :
p:/insync/job_001/folder_001/file.ext
p:/insync/job_009/folder_001/file.ext

That’s why I would like to be able to selectively tell insync where each root folder from insync need to be sync TO. And not dump everything into the insync folder.

I have to use either sugarsync or syncplicity for the moment to be able to selectively tell the sync where to sync to, but I’d love to get rid of them to rely only on insync :wink:

Does this make sense?
Thanks,
Stan

I totally get it :smile:

This was something we discussed but we have put this on the back burner as we have lots of other issues. It’s on our list but I don’t have an ETA.

Just curious…why not just stay with Sugarsync or Syncplicity?

Nice,
Good to know it’s on the to do list.

The main reason is that I need faster transfer speed. I have nearly tried all the available sync solution out there (with selective sync or not, paid or not) but non of them can compete with GDrive in term of speed.
One of my main client is in Australia and I’m in Belgium, it’s had to find any more distant sync situation than this, and GDrive is the only that’s maxing out the connection on both sides (160 Mbps).
I’m working with files that weight few hundred meg every-times I click “save”.
Due to the nature of my work, I need to be working locally and remotely at the same time, I can’t afford waiting more than what I can, so sync speed is crucial.
I’m using Insync for crucial files and sync them by hand outside of my project folder, and let Syncplicity do the back-burner job in the project folder, but it’s a lot of manual management, so I rather have it build in and automated.

I’ll wait patiently that this feature is implemented.
In conjunction with the ignore list that takes folder into consideration, I will finally be able to ditch anything else and use Insync only.
For me, that will be the breaking point where Insync will finally out-perform all the other platforms.

Stan

Would you pay for those 2 features as an in-app purchase (think “advanced features”)?

Yes, sure I would!
I fact, I already offered to pay for those upgrades 4 months ago to Roald :smile:

Bring it on!

Stan

Haha! I will, I will :smile:

So happy you made the switch to this new platform.
This support is awesome!

Cheers

Hi @terpua

It’s been a month and I was just wondering if you had any news on those two features.
Those are really the only two features that prevent me to use insync and I’d really love have them asap.

Thanks
Stan

@sbrusse Our priority right now is getting Insync rock solid before adding major features. But they are definitely on the list.

Thanks @terpua,

I understand your concern, getting things solid is a great way to evolve.

I’m just hoping that the ignore folder feature (selective sync without delete local files) is not to low in the priority list as I purchased Insync nearly a year ago and I still can’t use it in production as this is the last major drawback.
Thanks again for your feedback, appreciate it,

Stan

Hi @terpua

Hope you’re well since last time,

Sorry to bring this again, but I’m just wondering where you guys where at for implementing this two features.
I’m praying everyday to get this going.

Cheers
Stan

@sbrusse we now support glob pattern matching on ignore list: New Insync version: 1.2.17

@terpua Thanks a lot! That’s going to help a lot :smile:
Although I can’t sync folder from network drives anymore, I used to be able to, is that normal?

I hope the other request : “save the folder to a specific path” is still underway!

Great works guys!
Stan

Network drives are still supported. What issue are you having? Please send email to support@insynchq.com with your logs.

Cheers @terpua

I just noticed that I lost the Insync menu in the right click at all.
I think I’ve lost if for few versions though as it’s working fine on my other workstation running the same version.
I send a print screen as well as my logs at the support email.

Cheers
Stan

Hi @sbrusse have you sent in your logs? :slight_smile:

Hi @jaduenas Yes I did, and received a response from Roald that it has been forward to the tech guys, but didn’t had any response yet.

On another subject @terpua, for the “save the folder to a specific path”, I had a little thought that it would be really awesome to be integrated like this :

Now that the selective sync work, this is really the last functionality that really miss to use Insync in production environment.

Hope this make sense.

Cheers
Stan

Rest assured our engineer will get back to you soon :slight_smile:

We will certainly make note of this suggestion and we will include this on our next meeting with the team.

Thank you for your continued patience and support. Have a wonderful day!