Chose where to / multiple destination folders

@sbrusse Our priority right now is getting Insync rock solid before adding major features. But they are definitely on the list.

Thanks @terpua,

I understand your concern, getting things solid is a great way to evolve.

I’m just hoping that the ignore folder feature (selective sync without delete local files) is not to low in the priority list as I purchased Insync nearly a year ago and I still can’t use it in production as this is the last major drawback.
Thanks again for your feedback, appreciate it,

Stan

Hi @terpua

Hope you’re well since last time,

Sorry to bring this again, but I’m just wondering where you guys where at for implementing this two features.
I’m praying everyday to get this going.

Cheers
Stan

@sbrusse we now support glob pattern matching on ignore list: New Insync version: 1.2.17

@terpua Thanks a lot! That’s going to help a lot :smile:
Although I can’t sync folder from network drives anymore, I used to be able to, is that normal?

I hope the other request : “save the folder to a specific path” is still underway!

Great works guys!
Stan

Network drives are still supported. What issue are you having? Please send email to support@insynchq.com with your logs.

Cheers @terpua

I just noticed that I lost the Insync menu in the right click at all.
I think I’ve lost if for few versions though as it’s working fine on my other workstation running the same version.
I send a print screen as well as my logs at the support email.

Cheers
Stan

Hi @sbrusse have you sent in your logs? :slight_smile:

Hi @jaduenas Yes I did, and received a response from Roald that it has been forward to the tech guys, but didn’t had any response yet.

On another subject @terpua, for the “save the folder to a specific path”, I had a little thought that it would be really awesome to be integrated like this :

Now that the selective sync work, this is really the last functionality that really miss to use Insync in production environment.

Hope this make sense.

Cheers
Stan

Rest assured our engineer will get back to you soon :slight_smile:

We will certainly make note of this suggestion and we will include this on our next meeting with the team.

Thank you for your continued patience and support. Have a wonderful day!

Thanks.

Really looking forward for this feature as it’s a massive drawback that prevents me to use Insync in production.

Edit :
I often need to sync project folder that have specific names, IE : “J0568 - JobName”
When I use the right click “add to insync” it creates that folder in the root of insync.

What could be workaround if it’s easier in a early stage, is that I’m creating that same folder where it need to be on my drive on the other computer, and I right click and “add to insync”.

This means will be two folders with the same name in the root of insync.
But it would be great to just be able to tell insync that it needs to merge those two folder together.
At least I would have that job folder syncing at the right position on my drives on both end.
Does this make sense?

Not sure, but this might be easier to implement this in a first stage?

What do you think @terpua and @roald

Cheers
Stan

Hi guys, any news on when this will be added to insync, this is really the last issue I have to be able to use Insync in production.

Cheers
Stan

Hi guys,
It’s been 10 months and I was wondering if there was any news for this?
I really need a easy way to sync folders that have to be in the exact same place (paths) on the synchronized computers.
Insync would act as a hub between them.

Any news would be highly appreciated

Stan

Hey Stan,

I realize that this might not work to solve all your problems, but perhaps Bittorrent Sync? You could use it to synchronize your local folders to your remote client, bypassing Drive in the middle. You can still use Insync to drop your folders locally to Drive (for online backup), but BT Sync will handle maximizing your bandwidth to the other end of your sync, and can be set up to sync in place.

We currently use a combination like this for much of our production files, which are large media files.

Good luck!

This is being added to 2.0 as a multi-mount point sync :slight_smile:

yes please +1 …

Hi @terpua

Any news on this?

Thanks
Stan

Hi @terpua

Any news on this?

Thanks
Stan

It’s in our roadmap for 2.0! :slight_smile:

It will be part of the 2.0 private beta once we release a new build.

That’s great news @jaduenas!
I have to confess it’s been two years I’m waiting (asking) this feature, already by email in Nov 2014 with insync 1.1 :wink:
Would you have any ETA on when this will happen? I’m really eager to use Insync as my main sync solution.
Best,
Stan