I use Insync on my two Google accounts on a daily basis, but over time I have taught myself how to get around an annoying issue - I wonder anyone can help me fix it?
I use “Convert to Microsoft format” as quite often I like to edit offline after a sync (although "Convert to Open Document format will have this same issue).
To explain the issue best, look at this example:
- Create a new document in Drive, in the correct folder.
- The file is synchronised, and I can edit it in Word, Libre Office, whatever.
- Go back to Drive, continue editing in Google Docs - brilliant.
However, the opposite is not possible:
- Create a new document on the computer, in the correct folder.
- The file is synchronised, but it is not converted.
- Go back to Drive, can’t edit without cloning and deleting the original.
- Multiple versions synced while doing this.
I’ve never lost any work from this, but it is not ideal. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction?
In case it makes any difference, I’m using kubuntu 16.04 64 bit, insync 1.3.8, and mainly edit using Microsoft Word 2010 (Wine).