Deleting and recreating a folder might get your data deleted?

Hey! I’m just testing the program but I found something curious that I thought it would be good to report.

I just deleted a folder and created another one with the same name. Now, during the syncing process, apparently Insync tried to delete the new folder, but failed because there were files on it (see picture above).

So, if it had no files on it, it would delete the new folder? In my case I lost no files, but I’m concerned with the scenarios in which this behavior can cause loss of data.

But what is really bugging me is: since in this case I want to keep the new folder, I would like an option to keep it and stop the “warning” icon! But all I get are options to retry deleting the folder (see again picture above). How do I stop these warnings without trying to delete again the new folder??

Thanks in advance!

Hi @PericlesCarvalho!

Really interesting case your found!

Tagging our advocate @jbec so that we can further investigate this workflow and use case :blush:

Ok, now after 4 days I opened the folder in another computer and it’s gone. Luckily I could recover the files from the Google Drive bin, but I’m still pissed with this inconvenience. Now I’ll have to be careful doing a simple thing like deleting and recreating a folder with the same name…

It’s been two days since I bought the program and I’m already regretting it, and this topic is on for 4 days without any conclusive answer. If this problem keeps unsolved, I’ll have to ask for a refund.