Existing synced folders being deleted locally

1.4 beta version number:
Operating system: Mac OS 10.12.6

Issue: When adding my G suite accounts to 1.4, one of them seemed to delete most of the local saves on my hard drive. I had to go in and enable the folders manually one at a time. I think, by default, when you add an account, everything should have a green checkmark and then you can disable or move their location by default.

On my Macbook Pro running 10.13.2, I had issues moving the sync folder. I really hate that tie auto-names the folder and if the folder exists, it just changes it’s name to foldername-2. I’m trying to sync existing items that synced before and use a specific folder. The only way I got it to work was to rename the old folder, let insync create it’s own folder, then move the files into that folder. A bit sloppy.

Things I love! I love the UI much better, syncing to separate locations, and also how you can share links directly from the app. Previously, I would have to log into Gmail and send email links from there and it was cumbersome. This is much better.

hi @SangieWolf, thanks for reporting and apologies for the delayed response. taking note of this issue.

Did you install Insync 1.4 on top of your 1.3 install? If so, Insync’s behavior should have been to change nothing regarding your accounts and synced files (i.e. local synced folders on 1.3 will remain synced (green checkmark) under 1.4). I’m wondering why local saves were deleted.

As for changing the Insync folder location, were you able to follow this? How to change the location of your Insync folder

Tagging our engineers @jimperio @marte

Thanks again for the support!

@SangieWolf Thank you for the feedback! Yes, reusing the existing folder is a workflow we’re looking to improve.

We will also look into possible reasons why your local saves could’ve been deleted. Was there anything special about these saves? Were they symlinked or added using Add to Insync for instance?