File stuck uploading at 0 bytes

Hi @dabinn,

We released stuck syncing fixes in 3.3.4. We’re now on 3.3.5. Let me know if you’ve given our latest version a try!

Can confirm that as of yet this is not fixed on 3.4.0. It just seems to get stuck on certain specific (usually small?) files. Pausing and re-starting sync gets it uploading other files again, but once it has found those specific files again and fills up its queue with them uploading stalls with a full queue full of files that are stuck at 0 bytes.

I encountered the same thing a few months ago when uploading a lot of files. My experience then was that if you just leave it running in background for a very long time (i.e. several days) it will eventually proceed.

The way I have to get it unstuck is to move folders/files it gets stuck on out of my InSync folder, quit InSync, start InSync back up, allow it to fully sync (doing the same dance again with any other files it gets stuck on, so usually I have to repeat this thing 4-5 times before it runs out of files to get stuck on), and then move all of those files back into InSync’s folder where it does then sync them correctly. The fact that moving files out and back in “fixes” it would indicate this is not a problem with the files themselves.

1 Like

Hey @RobinJ1995!

I appreciate you reporting that this persists on the latest version. And thank you for walking me through what you have to do to chug the sync queue along. Would you mind sending your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?

I just sent you my logs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got them and have responded! I did see a bunch of rate limit exceeded errors linked to the files that are left in the queue (I have also shared this via email – but posting here for other users’ reference). This error is may not be visible as an error message itself, but one of the symptoms is the stuck sync you described.

I have forwarded this to our engineers for further investigation :slight_smile:

I’m seeing the same rate limit exceeded errors in my logs, is there an upcoming fix and/or a workaround for this issue? =)

1 Like

Hi @Shane_Smith, let me check this out with our engineers and will update this thread accordingly :slight_smile:

EDIT: The rate limit errors will be investigated further in our upcoming cycle.

This really needs to be prioritised… I simply can’t rely on InSync syncing data between computers at this stage. I keep ending up with partially synced folders unless I manually keep an eye on InSync all the time and intervene by renaming files etc.

Hi @RobinJ1995,

Could you please send me the latest set of logs.db and out.txt files so I can request for this to be prioritised in an upcoming projects cycle?

Also – is the stuck syncing happening on many smaller files or a few big files (alternately, a mix of both)?

I seem to be having similar issues - recently (i.e. today) installed insync with Gdrive to replace Dropbox, however I am having issues syncing my drive (and I plan to sync it on a second computer after this one).

Logs show rate limit issues. I am uploading 5k plus files, most under 1mb, a few are in the 100mb range, but those went up no problem.

I have emailed you the out.txt and logs.db

We have a possible improvement lined up for rate limit errors! I’ll link it here (and in the email you sent) as soon as it’s ready.

I have the same issue, I was trying to “Backup” my entire laptop to our Google Drive.
And it get stuck and after reboot it restarts but it only sync for a few min and then get stuck again.

I’m using Fedora 34 and insync client v3.5.1.50115

Hi! Linking a post here:

I am suffering this issuse with the latest insync.

Hi @anti-clockwise,

Could you please send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?

Follow-up @anti-clockwise:

Here’s how you can find those 2 files: https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/1834816-locating-the-log-files

I’ve sent the files, please check.

1 Like

Hi Mia, do we have any update on this yet? Insync (google drive) just get stuck and it can upload no file.

@anti-clockwise Hello, and thank you for following up!

It looks like you were in touch with Mara via email after you sent the logs over. Could you please let me know if the duplication issue persists? If so, could you confirm if:

• You see any visible error messages? This is indicated by a red exclamation mark
  • Have you tried to move those stuck files out of the local folder, wait for Insync to de-clog the sync cue, then move then back to the folder one at a time?

Hi @mia, my current only issue is about insync cannot upload files.

You see any visible error messages? This is indicated by a red exclamation mark
No.
Have you tried to move those stuck files out of the local folder, wait for Insync to de-clog the sync cue, then move then back to the folder one at a time?

No. The files are under different nested directories. So the moving operation is too cumbersome. What I did do is, I manually upload the stuck files to google drive, and insync will then keep syncing. But shortly, new files get stuck. So it’s also a no go.

My symptom are kinda the same as the descriptions in this thread.

1 Like