Files/folders deleted and other issues in 3.3.1

I have Insync 3.3.1 in two Ubuntu machines (a desktop fully synched, and a laptop with only some folders synched).

This morning, the laptop told me the token expired, so I renewed it. After a few minutes, I suddenly saw how the files of a folder I did not touch (called “OLD”, inside a folder called “HOME”) started being deleted.

Also, not sure if related, a bunch of subfolders (maybe also files?) of a completely different folder I recently unshared (inside a folder called “RESEARCH”) started appearing in my main Insync folder. Amongst them, a bunch of “OLD” folders: OLD, OLD (2), OLD (3), OLD (4). Some empty, some with content… I did have an OLD folder in this completely different subfolder, but definitely not 5. By the way, this FOLDER (2)… issue has been a very common thing for me in shared folders, and it is really frustrating.

Hi! This is Mara from Insync Support.

We apologize for this inconvenience!
Can you try the links below to address the issues you’re experincing?

Please also send your logs to support@insynchq.com and include the following files in the folder:

• logs.db
  • out.txt
  • data folder
  • live folder

If these are too big for an attachment, feel free to send us a link so we can download these.

Dear Mara,

Thanks for the prompt response. I just sent the files to support.

Regarding the duplicates, the help article is not much help though. I have ~2000 folders and files ending with the characteristic (2) or (3) or (4), etc. Hopefully you folks can really solve this issue once and for all, because it is really frustrating…

Cheers,