Hi CPU usage on Mac

Hi, I’m running Insync 3.1.8.40816 on Mac OS X Catalina (10.15.4) on a Macbook Pro 15 inch mid-2015 model (2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 with 16GB). Even when Insync is fully synced, there are no new changes in either remote or local filesystems, and the Insync icon is green, the app spins up to Insync using 99% or 100% CPU for several minutes and my cooling fans stay on all that time. When I look in the feed there are no new changes.

Is anyone experiencing the same?

Yes, plus several Mac users report excessive memory usage as well. Looks like high cpu is also an issue with some Linux systems as well.

@kyle Thanks for hopping in to provide context-- always appreciate your help!

@Sam_Critchley Could you send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?

Hi @mia thanks for responding (and sorry I missed the response for a while). The out.txt file is 55 MB and the logs.db file is 121.8 MB - is there somewhere I can upload them or should I clear them first?

No worries! You can send me a link to download (ie uploading them on Drive then send a shared link) :slight_smile:

@mia thanks - I just sent the link to support@insynchq.com.

I guess you can rely on me having a Google Drive account. :wink:

1 Like