For a nice step by step introduction refer to our Medium article.
The following commands are used to control Insync via the command line. These can be called either by running insync command or insync-headless command.
- add_account - Add account to Insync.
- get_account_information - Show information for connected accounts.
- move_folder - Move folder to a new path.
- remove_account - Remove account from Insync.
- set_export_option - Set if account will download Google format files as Open Document formats (.odt), MS Office formats (.docx), or as links (.gddoc). Choices are “open-document”, “ms-office”, and “link”.
Commands for controlling Insync
- pause_syncing - Pause syncing.
- quit - Stop Insync.
- resume_syncing - Resume syncing.
- set_autostart - Set autostart preference (yes/no).
- start - Start Insync.
- force_sync - Force sync item.
- get_domain_link - Get domain link for file.
- get_file_status - Get syncing status of file.
- get_private_link - Get private link for file.
- get_public_link - Get public link for file.
- remove_from_insync - Remove linked file/folder from Insync.
Ignore list commands
- manage_ignore_list - Manage ignore list of account through a curses interface.
- get_proxy - Show proxy configuration.
- set_proxy - Set proxy config.
Selective sync commands
- get_root_drive_files - Get selective sync information for root Drive files and folders of account.
- manage_selective_sync - Manage selective sync settings of account through a curses interface.
- set_selective_sync - Set selective sync preference of file for given email.
- accept_all_new_shares - Accept all new shares file to given account.
- accept_share - Accept shared file to given account.
- get_new_shares - Show new shares.
- reject_all_new_shares - Reject all new shares file to given account.
- reject_share - Reject shared file to given account.
- get_actions_required - Show required actions.
- get_errors - Show error messages.
- get_recent_changes - Show 20 most recent changes.
- get_status - Show syncing status.
- get_sync_progress - Show progress of files being downloaded/uploaded and how many files are queued.
- retry_errors - Retry all errors.
Values for the
- ERROR - There are syncing errors or actions that the user needs to address. Errors can be shown with the
get_errorscommand while required actions can be shown with the ‘get_actions_required’ command.
- OFFLINE - The client can’t establish a connection to the internet.
- PAUSED - The client is paused.
- SHARE - There are new files that were shared to the user. These can be viewed with the
get_new_sharescommand. The user can manage these with the sharing commands or by running the
manage_selective_synccommand and viewing the “Shared with me” section.
- SYNCED - All files are synced.
- SYNCING - Insync is performing syncing activities, which includes getting the metadata of the files from Google Drive.
- UNLINKED - No account is being synced. If an account was added but it is not being synced check the output of the
To get more information about Insync commands, run insync -h or insync-headless -h.