The following commands are used to control Insync via the command line . These can be called either by running insync command or insync-headless command.
- add_account - Add account to Insync.
- get_account_information - Show information for connected accounts.
- move_folder - Move folder to a new path.
- remove_account - Remove account from Insync.
- set_export_option - Set if account will download Google format files as Open Document formats (.odt), MS Office formats (.docx), or as links (.gddoc). Choices are "open-document", "ms-office", and "link".
Commands for controlling Insync
- pause_syncing - Pause syncing.
- quit - Stop Insync.
- resume_syncing - Resume syncing.
- set_autostart - Set autostart preference (yes/no).
- start - Start Insync.
- force_sync - Force sync item.
- get_domain_link - Get domain link for file.
- get_file_status - Get syncing status of file.
- get_private_link - Get private link for file.
- get_public_link - Get public link for file.
- remove_from_insync - Remove linked file/folder from Insync.
Ignore list commands
- manage_ignore_list - Manage ignore list of account through a curses interface.
- get_proxy - Show proxy configuration.
- set_proxy - Set proxy config.
Selective sync commands
- get_root_drive_files - Get selective sync information for root Drive files and folders of account.
- manage_selective_sync - Manage selective sync settings of account through a curses interface.
- set_selective_sync - Set selective sync preference of file for given email.
- accept_all_new_shares - Accept all new shares file to given account.
- accept_share - Accept shared file to given account.
- get_new_shares - Show new shares.
- reject_all_new_shares - Reject all new shares file to given account.
- reject_share - Reject shared file to given account.
- get_actions_required - Show required actions.
- get_errors - Show error messages.
- get_recent_changes - Show 20 most recent changes.
- get_status - Show syncing status.
- get_sync_progress - Show progress of files being downloaded/uploaded and how many files are queued.
- retry_errors - Retry all errors.
Values for the
- ERROR - There are syncing errors or actions that the user needs to address. Errors can be shown with the
get_errors command while required actions can be shown with the 'get_actions_required' command.
- OFFLINE - The client can't establish a connection to the internet.
- PAUSED - The client is paused.
- SHARE - There are new files that were shared to the user. These can be viewed with the
get_new_shares command. The user can manage these with the sharing commands or by running the
manage_selective_sync command and viewing the "Shared with me" section.
- SYNCED - All files are synced.
- SYNCING - Insync is performing syncing activities, which includes getting the metadata of the files from Google Drive.
- UNLINKED - No account is being synced. If an account was added but it is not being synced check the output of the
To get more information about Insync commands, run insync -h or insync-headless -h.