I get a lot of runtime errors lately

I get this error like 3-4 times a day, and it’s really annoying.

I’m using v1.3.14 on Windows 10 64bits.

@dipesh is this a known issue?

@alvr @terpua: Yes, this is a known issue that we have not been able to determine the cause of.

@alvr: Is your Windows 10 up to date? Could you try disabling the antivirus (if you are using one) to see if it makes any difference?

Thanks

I too am having this exact issue. I’m currently testing to see if a complete uninstall and reinstall helps. Will report back. My insync version is 1.3.14.36131, running on a 64bit system.

Also, Windows 10 is completely up-to-date. The antivirus software packages I am runnning are ESET Nod32 and Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium.

EDIT: The reinstall did not work

I have exactly the same problem. Interesting was, that the problem happens only on one Windows 10 machine. My two other machines (also Windows 10) it works fine. I have also Eset Smart Security, but doesn’t find a workaround, that it works.

Bild%20001

I use the actual Version 3.0.15.40277.

Hi @tarkett2018,

Really sorry about this! I’ve escalated this to our engineers for further investigation.

Could you please download the vc++ runtime redist from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145? Afterwards, restart your computer and try running Insync. Let me know how it goes!

Hi @mia,

it doesn’t work, because a newer Version was installed (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads.

This was needed for the Project Dokany (https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokany) which was build with Visual Studio 2019. And all my three machines have the same vc++ runtime Version installed.

Thanks for the update, @tarkett2018. I’ve escalated the issue to our engineers for further investigation and will update this thread accordingly.

I have been seeing this error for a while. I just reinstalled Insync on a new and freshly formatted computer and got the exact same runtime error (multiple times on launch).

Windows 10 Pro. x64 Build 1909
Insync Version: 3.0.27.40677

Please patch this. This is an ongoing issue that doesn’t appear to be system-specific and has been flagged for moths now. @mia, has there been any word back from your engineers?

1 Like

These errors are probably due to insync preferred visual c++ runtime not being installed on your computer. Here are a couple sources for various versions. Different programs rely on different versions. It’s common to have multiple versions installed at the same time. It doesn’t hurt anything to have all of them installed but if someone can tell us which version insync uses them installing it should fix these errors.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/?amp

2 Likes

Hi @limbo416,

Our engineers are working on the runtime errors that users have been reporting. Thank you so much for bringing this up. If you haven’t, could you please send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com? :slight_smile:

Thank you as always for your feedback and assistance, @kyle! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sending your log files, @limbo416. I have escalated this to our engineers for further investigation.

This is not a minor problem. In my case it is being presented since last year.

I have three laptops: Acer, Lenovo and MSI, the latter I bought on January 12, 2020. All laptops have original Windows 10 Pro licenses and the latest system updates installed, including Visual C ++ Redistributable Runtimes.

The same error appears on all devices:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error¡

R6034

An application has made an attempt to load the C runtme library incorrectly.

Please contact the application´s support team for more information.

C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\Insync\App\Insync.exe

Please, have the solution soon.

You say have the latest visual c++ runtime. Do you also have the older versions installed? The issue is likely that insync uses an older runtime version that you don’t have installed. As I mentioned previously, it’s common to have many different runtime versions installed at the same time since apps are built on specific versions.

It would help If insync can tell us the correct version. Otherwise, you’re left installing different versions until you find one that works. I’d start with the most recent and work backwards. If this solves the issue then I sync should consider installing dependencies with insync, or updating the code for the latest runtime.

If the issues continue after that then further investigation is needed.

@mia was kind enough to notify me of the release of 3.0.28. After testing the Windows version I’m sorry to say that the multiple runtime errors on launch persist. I am still seeing the same error messages repeatedly on launch.

Has anybody else had a chance to test this new version?

I have tested it. Runtime error persists. Unfortunately, the error is substantial enough that the product doesn’t sync. It’s more than a bit useless at this point.

Someone really needs to get this resolved. Appears to be an open issue for a long time. I believe I worked around it in the past. Not so now.

Please advise if anyone has a way to get around this.
Thanks!

Hi @Dan_Ives,

Could you send your latest log files (if you haven’t) to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post? This would help our engineers debug further.

Some users reported that clicking the runtime error multiple times closes the dialogue box and allows them to launch Insync. To confirm, this isn’t your case, correct?

I have ALL versions of C++ runtime installed and the error is still present. It’s a code issue.

This is the case for me also. About 3 times. However, the base folder is not being saved if you change it. Also cannot get back to selective sync. So the runtime may be affecting that even though you can get it to start.