Install insync without root premission

Hi Insync team,

I am using a CentOS Linux 7 system. I would like to install Insync on my home folder without root permissions. Is it possible? Could you tell me the steps?

Thanks a lot,
Best,
Esin

Hi @esin_karahan,

Sorry for not responding sooner! Please try installing our Insync Portable build found here: https://www.insynchq.com/downloads

Shoot me a message for any issues. :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hi @mia thanks for the reply.

Which portable build are you referring?

I downloaded the package for CentOS 7 (insync-1.5.4.37362-el7.x86_64). But I was not able to install without root permissions. I want to install the Insync in my home folder not in under usr.

I guess I need to something like this:

apt-get source package
cd package
./configure --prefix=$HOME
make
make install

But I could not find the configure file of insync.

Thanks a lot!

Hi @esin_karahan! Sorry for the delayed reply. I hope you had a great weekend. :slight_smile:

Tagging our engineer @Kurt_Ko for assistance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @esin_karahan

Can you try this out? https://d2t3ff60b2tol4.cloudfront.net/builds/insync-portable_1.5.4.37362_amd64.tar.bz2

Thanks!

Hi,

I need to install InSync on a CentOS Linux 7 machine without root access as well. Would you please let me know where I can download the latest portable version of inSync? The download page does not provide portable versions.

Best regards

Hello, @Ehsan_Akrami! We have an old Insync-portable build but unfortunately we no longer maintain it. The compatible license for said version is also no longer being offered.

Could you let me know if you have an existing Insync license already or would this be your first time to give Insync a go?

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I have a desktop developer version of InSync. I am running some jobs on an HPC, and I need to backup them to my google drive.

I see!

I do apologize for the inconvenience; right now, there is no official build for CentOS7. Could you let me know if you’ve tried our Fedora 27 build by any chance?