Insync 3.2.6 keeps scanning and not synching

Same problem on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with insync 3.2.8.40877

Hi! If you haven’t done so, please keep a copy of the logs every 10 mins (while scanning is stuck), with at least 2 sets of logs and send it to us for verification (for example, one saved at 1pm and the next at 1:10pm). We will investigate by examining the activity between the two logs to see what Insync was busy with during that time.

Please send it to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post. Are your Base Folders (sync location) on a network drive?

I sent my log files now. My base folders are local. I have updated to the newest version of Insync (v3.2.9.40883), but the problem persists.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention, but the problem is also present in the Windows version of Insync

I noticed, Insync is ONLY syncing files or directories added/deleted(?) from the web.

I don’t know if maybe the amount of files/directories but I don’t think, at least a very small directory should be synced but isn’t.

Hi @Nestor_Acevedo,

Could you confirm if you meant that it’s not doing a local-to-cloud sync? What’s your version and OS?

@mia, it isn’t doing a local to cloud sync.
Insync 3.2.9

To confirm, does the Base Folder on the app match the local directory you’re adding files to? https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/2987441-your-insync-base-folder

Same problem here. I’m on Linux KDE Neon with 3.2.9 insync version. Already send to support@insynchq.com the logs.db and out.txt .

2 Likes

Same here. Fedora 32, insync all version up to 3.3.1).

Already sent logs etc. to support, no solution. Complete uninstall incl. logs, settings and reinstall helped for 1-2 days. Stopped again. Only one of two accounts affected.

1 Like

Hi @pkoerner81929,

Thanks for reaching out. I apologize for the trouble that you’ve been experiencing and the many workarounds you had to do to get it working for a couple of days. Stuck scanning is one of the main priorities that our engineers are working on at the moment, and we understand how frustrating it has been for you and the other users.

We are continuously investigating the log files that users have sent us and I was reviewing the email thread you have with my teammate. From what I understood it was a stuck syncing issue, but to clarify it now says “Scanning…” at the bottom but just seems to be for one of the accounts, correct?

If so, for the most recent setup could you let me know:

• Are there any error messages under “Attention Required”? If so, please clear them and see if Insync progresses then.
  • For Linux, since you mentioned you were using a “normal FS folder”: Is Insync folder is on a network drive? It is expected that Insync would continually scan the network drive for now as some network drives do not emit FS events properly.

If you can and have the time to do so, please keep a copy of the logs every 10 mins (while scanning is stuck), with at least 2 sets of logs and send it to us for verification (for example, one saved at 1pm and the next at 1:10pm). We will investigate by examining the activity between the two logs to see what Insync was busy with during that time.

Please send it over to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post for easy reference. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi, it’s mostly a stuck syncing issue. I also had the effect as described above in this conversion with one file stuck scanning, but currently this is not the case.

• No “Attention Required”
  • No “Conflicts”
  • Normal FS folder on internal SSD.

I will send th log files as requested.

1 Like

Same problem here, app blocked to scanning.
I’m on trial, so I’m not going to purchase the app until this problem is solved :confused:

Hi @Jais_Pingouroux,

Are there any errors / actions required items? If so, please clear them and see if Insync progresses then.

If on Linux: Is Insync folder is on a network drive? It is expected that Insync would continually scan the network drive for now as some network drives do not emit FS events properly.

If you can and have the time to do so, please keep a copy of the logs every 10 mins (while scanning is stuck), with at least 2 sets of logs and send it to us for verification (for example, one saved at 1pm and the next at 1:10pm). We will investigate by examining the activity between the two logs to see what Insync was busy with during that time. Send them to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post.

To locate your logs, just click on the three dots on the upper right of your app > Help > Open logs. Thanks!

Hi @mia,
No errors/actions required.
I’m on linux, not on a network drive. However, my drive is encrypted. Some files managed to sync when I first installed the app, but then the app was blocked to scanning.
I’ll try to send a copy of logs if I have time.

1 Like

I have seen something but I want to ask to all you: Has anyone put a symlink to the desired folder inside the Insync account directory? If yes, maybe this is one of the reasons because Insync keeps “scanning”. I just deleted the symlinks and I preferred to sync directly from the local directory to the cloud.

1 Like

Hi @Nestor_Acevedo,

There have been cases reported where Insync got stuck when a symlink was being synced within the Base Folder. Apologies for not including that information on this thread. Let me confirm with our engineers if this use case has been addressed-- are you on 3.3.1?

Yes, I have the version 3.3.1

Gotcha. Have you updated to 3.3.2? We included a prompt that says symlinks aren’t supported. Let me know if you have any issues with that improvement, @Nestor_Acevedo :slight_smile:

The prepository doesn’t have the update yet.