We’re aware that some users have been experiencing bugs and issues with Insync 3. Rest assured, we take bugs very seriously and our team’s currently working on fixing them.
So far, these are the most common reported bugs and issues:
- Users receiving the following errors:
- Unexpected error doing DownloadGDBlob
- Unexpected error doing AddGDCloudItem
- Unexpected error doing RemoveCloudItem
- Unexpected error doing DownloadGDSpecial
- Unexpected error doing ModifyCloudReg
- Issues when reusing 1.x Base Folder in Insync 3:
- Duplication errors
- Insync reuploading files on migration
- Licensing issues:
- OneDrive & OneDrive for Business licenses not applying properly
- Active Pro subscriptions are showing as expired
- SharePoint not loading for some Linux users
- Some users are stuck on “Connecting to Insync”
- Some users cannot change the location of their Base Folder
Our team prioritizes bugs that affect syncing and performance so these will be handled first. Fixes are generally introduced in each Insync release but if there are any workarounds, our team will share them here in the forums.
It will help our team tremendously if affected users will email email@example.com with these details:
- Detailed description of the bug and how to replicate it
- Insync version
Log files (logs.db and out.txt)
- For migration issues, please include the live and data folders
We understand the frustration of experiencing bugs and this upsets us as well because we want to deliver the best quality sync app for our users. We’re dedicated to that vision and with your help, it will become reality.
Apologies to those affected and hopefully you understand.
All the best,
Insync Happiness Ambassador