Insync deleted my entire local OneDrive directory without warning

I have absolutely no idea what happened, but insync very suddenly deleted the entire contents of my local OneDrive sync location to the trash. I needed to disconnect and reconnect OneDrive for insync to realize there were, in fact, things on the cloud end of OneDrive so it would re-download them.

Hi @thenaterhood!

My apologies for the huge issue. We are, in fact, investigating this behavior as other users have also reported a similar case. See here.

I have alerted our engineers about your report. Please send the following to support@insynchq.com:

• logs.db and out.txt files, which can be found by following this guide
  • Name of some of the files that were sent to the trash folder

Thank you.

Ah I missed that other thread! I’ll get my logs and some more info sent over.

Funny enough with the usernames in the other thread, it happened while I was waiting for Insync to download some photos I’d just taken of the Northern Lights.

1 Like

What a coincidence and a privilege to photograph the Northern Lights!

I’ve already received the email containing your logs, @thenaterhood. Thank you for sending them over! I have escalated this new case to our engineers and will update all affected users accordingly.

In the meantime, you may work around this issue by removing your OneDrive account, and adding it back. Make sure to use the same base folder (sync folder) you previously selected. Setup guides below for your convenience:

Thank you!