Insync does not start after latest update (3.9.1.60010) on KDE Neon 6 [SOLVED via new version 3.9.2.60014]

Sorry, I found a fix in Insync 3.9.2.60015 for Jammy as indicated by @mia in a reply on Jul 12, '24

This version works for me, but a manual installation is required. I’m not sure why this isn’t the default version yet, but it resolved my issues on Ubuntu 22.04.

1 Like

Hi @sero, thank you for confirming that it works!

This is still a test build which is why it hasn’t been released to our downloads page officially. Our engineer is still working on further tests to ensure this build does not cause any further trouble on your end.

We appreciate your utmost patience and understanding. :slight_smile:

Sorry for missing this, @Peter_Altherr!

Could you please do the following:

1. Run sudo apt update
  2. Afterwards, run sudo apt install qtbase5-dev

Thank you!

Correction - run this while you are on the latest version of Insync: https://www.insynchq.com/downloads/linux#debian

Hi @mia, i did the two steps from your first post (sudo apt update and install qtbase5-dev). This made the latest Insync client work. I do not really unterstand the instruction in your second post. Is it still necessary? And the big question remaining: why does the latest insync package not calling the required qtbase5-dev package as a dependency?

Hi @Peter_Altherr! Thank you for following the steps. No need to update your build if you’re already running the latest version :slight_smile:

As for the last question - let me forward this to our engineers for further insight.

Hi @Bogdan_Hlevca! Just letting you know that our engineers have updated the OpenSUSE repositories. Let me know if you encounter any issues when updating/installing Insync on your machine (i.e., trying the F39/40 installers).

Thank you!