Insync does not start after latest update (3.9.1.60010) on KDE Neon 6 [SOLVED via new version 3.9.2.60014]

Yes, you can, install the version for Fedora 38. I already posted the same output as yours 2 days ago and I offered the solution immediately after. If you took the time to read …

1 Like

Thanks, after I downloaded that particular version, it’s working again.

Hi @Bogdan_Hlevca,

I have forwarded your feedback to our engineers for further investigation. Thank you for the details you provided!

@Marcin_Bojko Hello, could you please send me the output of
lsb_release -a
apt-cache policy insync

Thank you!

@freelsjd I have followed this up with our engineers. Thank you for your patience!

Hi @mia , I have the same issue on Ubuntu 23.10.

Same here. I’m on tumbleweed 20240704 and I have the same error.
The strange thing is that libnss3.so is available both under /usr/lib and under /usr/lib64.

To those who can do it: please change the subject to reflect the fact that the problem is NOT solved.

Found a temporary workaround (for Tumbleweed at least).
I noticed that Tumbleweed ships libnss3 version 3.100, but Insync requires version 3.101.
So I looked around and found that Openmandriva Rolling ships version 3.101. Since it is an RPM-based distro I decided to give it a try.
I downloaded the library from https://abf-downloads.openmandriva.org/rolling/repository/x86_64/main/release/lib64nss3-3.101-1-omv2490.x86_64.rpm and extracted the three libnss3* files, and put them under /usr/lib/insync (where the rest of Insync’ libraries are).
Then tried to start Insync and… it worked!!

Got a bunch of warnings though, but I do not think they’re related:

qt.qpa.wayland: EGL not available
WARNING:root:While reading /usr/share/applications/defaults.list
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "idesklinux/application_manager.py", line 53, in __index_default_apps
  File "configparser.py", line 697, in read
  File "configparser.py", line 1096, in _read
configparser.DuplicateOptionError: While reading from '/usr/share/applications/defaults.list' [line 34]: option 'application/rdf+xml' in section 'Default Applications' already exists
WARNING:root:While reading /usr/share/applications/defaults.list
  File "idesklinux/application_manager.py", line 70, in __index_apps_for_mimetypes
  File "configparser.py", line 697, in read
  File "configparser.py", line 1096, in _read
configparser.DuplicateOptionError: While reading from '/usr/share/applications/defaults.list' [line 34]: option 'application/rdf+xml' in section 'Default Applications' already exists

** (process:203954): WARNING **: 14:04:15.255: Failed to load shared library 'libnotify.so.4' referenced by the typelib: /lib64/libnotify.so.4: undefined symbol: g_once_init_leave_pointer
INFO     2024-07-08 14:04:15,604 [mainlogs:_log_run:130] Core(app_version=3.9.2.60014, platform=Linux-x86_64-opensuse-tumbleweed/20240704) initialized
WARNING  2024-07-08 14:04:15,612 [base_events:_run_once:1900] Executing <Task pending name='Task-9' coro=<init() running at ideskcore/core.py:28> wait_for=<Task pending name='Task-10' coro=<SettingsMain._load_settings() running at ideskcore/mainsettings.py:186> cb=[_log_tb_after_delay() at ideskasync/coreloop.py:302, <TaskWakeupMethWrapper object at 0x7f2a6192cdc0>()] created at ideskcore/mainsettings.py:160> cb=[_log_tb_after_delay() at ideskasync/coreloop.py:302, _chain_future.<locals>._call_set_state() at asyncio/futures.py:391] created at asyncio/events.py:80> took 0.341 seconds
INFO     2024-07-08 14:04:15,617 [mainsettings:_load_settings:236] Loaded settings, machine fingerprint = uhZVJoCNbUGuQfBR4HfgghTsmiE=
INFO     2024-07-08 14:04:18,419 [inotify_manager:__init__:132] INotifyManager FS_ENCODING: utf-8
INFO     2024-07-08 14:04:18,419 [fswatcher:_start:57] LinuxFSWatcher._start
INFO     2024-07-08 14:04:18,420 [inotify_manager:_pull_loop:315] Inotify loop enter
INFO     2024-07-08 14:04:20,505 [app:start_core:67] core started
INFO     2024-07-08 14:04:20,505 [fswatcher:watch:77] watch origin: /home/cris/Insync/criguada@gmail.com/Google Drive - Shared with me
INFO     2024-07-08 14:04:20,506 [unix_socket_server:start:106] unix socket server thread start
INFO     2024-07-08 14:04:20,830 [fswatcher:watch:77] watch origin: /home/cris/Google Drive
js: Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://us.i.posthog.com/decide/?v=3&ip=1&_=1720440260765&ver=1.110.0' from origin 'file://' has been blocked by CORS policy: The value of the 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header in the response must not be the wildcard '*' when the request's credentials mode is 'include'. The credentials mode of requests initiated by the XMLHttpRequest is controlled by the withCredentials attribute.
js: Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://us.i.posthog.com/decide/?v=3&ip=1&_=1720440260765&ver=1.110.0&retry_count=1' from origin 'file://' has been blocked by CORS policy: The value of the 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header in the response must not be the wildcard '*' when the request's credentials mode is 'include'. The credentials mode of requests initiated by the XMLHttpRequest is controlled by the withCredentials attribute.
js: Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://us.i.posthog.com/decide/?v=3&ip=1&_=1720440260765&ver=1.110.0&retry_count=1&' from origin 'file://' has been blocked by CORS policy: The value of the 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header in the response must not be the wildcard '*' when the request's credentials mode is 'include'. The credentials mode of requests initiated by the XMLHttpRequest is controlled by the withCredentials attribute.
qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()
js: ResizeObserver loop limit exceeded
js: Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://us.i.posthog.com/decide/?v=3&ip=1&_=1720440260765&ver=1.110.0&retry_count=1&&' from origin 'file://' has been blocked by CORS policy: The value of the 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header in the response must not be the wildcard '*' when the request's credentials mode is 'include'. The credentials mode of requests initiated by the XMLHttpRequest is controlled by the withCredentials attribute.
js: Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://us.i.posthog.com/decide/?v=3&ip=1&_=1720440260765&ver=1.110.0&retry_count=1&&&' from origin 'file://' has been blocked by CORS policy: The value of the 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header in the response must not be the wildcard '*' when the request's credentials mode is 'include'. The credentials mode of requests initiated by the XMLHttpRequest is controlled by the withCredentials attribute.
qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()

Hope this can help others while the fix is released.

Best
Cris

2 Likes

lsb_release -a
apt-cache policy insync
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Linuxmint
Description: Linux Mint 21.3
Release: 21.3
Codename: virginia
insync:
Installed: 3.9.2.60014-jammy
Candidate: 3.9.2.60014-jammy
Version table:
*** 3.9.2.60014-jammy 500
500 http://apt.insync.io/mint virginia/non-free amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

It helped although i just needed libnss3.so and the libnssutil3.so. But tx!

Hi everyone! I have alerted our engineers that some of you are still experiencing issues on 3.9.2.60014 so that we can fix it as soon as possible. Thank you all for your patience!

1 Like

Hello, I’m on Opensuse Tymbleweed and had the following error:

File "insynclinux/gui/insync.py", line 19, in <module>
  File "click/core.py", line 1157, in __call__
  File "click/core.py", line 1078, in main
  File "click/core.py", line 1688, in invoke
  File "click/core.py", line 1434, in invoke
  File "click/core.py", line 783, in invoke
  File "insynclinux/gui/cli.py", line 146, in start
  File "PyInstaller/loader/pyimod02_importers.py", line 385, in exec_module
  File "idesklinux/app.py", line 12, in <module>
  File "idesklinux/platui_impl.py", line 14, in <module>
  File "/tmp/embedded.ab37r2zp.zip/shibokensupport/__feature__.py", line 142, in _import
  File "idesklinux/htmlui_impl.py", line 6, in <module>
  File "/tmp/embedded.ab37r2zp.zip/shibokensupport/__feature__.py", line 142, in _import
ImportError: /lib64/libnss3.so: version `NSS_3.101' not found (required by /usr/lib/insync/libsmime3.so)
[8995] Failed to execute script 'insync' due to unhandled exception!

and enter the folowing comand resolve the issue:

sudo rm /usr/lib/insync/libsmime3.so

Now Everything works just fine.

Insync version:

Repositório             : insync repo
Nome                    : insync
Versão                  : 3.9.2.60014-fc39
Arquitetura             : x86_64
Fornecedor              : Insync
Tamanho após instalação : 405,2 MiB
Instalado               : Sim
Status                  : atualizado
Pacote fonte            : insync-3.9.2.60014-fc39.src
URL acima               : http://www.insynchq.com
Resumo                  : Sync all your Google Drive & OneDrive accounts to your local filesystem
1 Like

Can you try using the Fedora 40 build instead and let me know if it poses the same issues?

As for AppImage, there have been some limitations when we explored this prior that made it challenging to provide it for our users.

Thank you for sharing the solution, @tales_gomes!

1 Like

Hello! For users experiencing the no attribute lower issues, please standby for a new build from our team. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello! For Ubuntu, Pop!OS, and Mint users whose versions are based on Jammy and Noble, please try the following test builds:

https://cdn.insynchq.com/builds/linux/3.9.2.60015/insync_3.9.2.60015-noble_amd64.deb
https://cdn.insynchq.com/builds/linux/3.9.2.60015/insync_3.9.2.60015-jammy_amd64.deb

This is meant to address the no attribute lower issues that you have been experiencing.

Let me know how this update goes. Thank you!

I already tried 40 before going to 38. Only 38 works. 40 has dependency issues.

I still advise your developers to go the AppImage way, it may be difficult at the beginning but it will prevent so many breakages in the future. Make them sweat :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can confirm that is working now.
Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @mia, is there any news regarding my problem (Insync does not start after latest update (3.9.1.60010) on KDE Neon 6 [SOLVED via new version 3.9.2.60014])? I have reverted back to 3.8.7.50516 which is working very well under Debian Bullseye. Thank you.

Could it be the issue is still not solved for Ubuntu 22.04 in 3.9.2.60014-jammy?

Running insync start --no-daemon gives the following output and no gui shown and no icon in system tray:

Exception in thread Thread-1:
File “threading.py”, line 980, in _bootstrap_inner
File “threading.py”, line 917, in run
File “idesklinux/app.py”, line 58, in start_core
File “idesklinux/platapp_impl.py”, line 28, in init
File “idesklinux/application_manager.py”, line 25, in init
File “idesklinux/application_manager.py”, line 57, in __index_default_apps
File “idesklinux/application_manager.py”, line 94, in __record_config_entries
File “idesklinux/application_manager.py”, line 108, in __parse_config_entry
File “idesklinux/application_manager.py”, line 134, in __canonicalize_mimetype
File “xdg/Mime.py”, line 58, in lookup