Insync (Linux) isn't uploading files

G’day peeps,

I installed and set up the insync trial a few hours ago. It’s finished downloaded files the way I want them, but when I create files in a descendent of the insync directory, they’re appearing in neither the progress feed nor the applicable Google Drive.

I tried copying an entire directory to an insync descendent, using the command line. It contains miscellaneous types of files, mostly images. insync didn’t seem to notice. Then I tried creating an ODT file and saving it directly to one of the subdirectories, again, no luck. And yes, I have it set to convert to OpenDocument format.

I did some websearching for answers, and all I’m finding are old posts saying ‘update to the latest version’ or ‘open a support ticket’. Since I installed via APT, I would expect to have the latest—I have 1.3.3, anyhow—and I haven’t worked out where to open a support ticket yet.

I’ve also looked at the log files, but they honestly don’t make much sense to me. I’ve posted the end of out.txt below.

Any ideas for what to try, or where to go for support?

"sni-qt/15351" WARN  12:17:46.738 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE 
Got bus address:  "unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-V5xJ7r8WWE,guid=[REDACTED]" 
Connected to accessibility bus at:  "unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-V5xJ7r8WWE,guid=[REDACTED]" 
Registered DEC:  true 
QSpiAccessible::accessibleEvent not handled:  "6"  obj:  QMenu(0x24c3440) "" 
QSpiAccessible::accessibleEvent not handled:  "7"  obj:  QMenu(0x24c3440) "" 
QSpiAccessible::accessibleEvent not handled:  "8008"  obj:  QObject(0x0)  " invalid interface!" 
QSpiAccessible::accessibleEvent not handled:  "8008"  obj:  QSidebar(0x3236d10, name = "sidebar") "sidebar" 
FIXME: handle dialog start. 
QSpiAccessible::accessibleEvent not handled:  "8008"  obj:  QObject(0x0)  " invalid interface!" 
QSpiAccessible::accessibleEvent not handled:  "8008"  obj:  QListView(0x3167a60, name = "listView") "listView" 
QSpiAccessible::accessibleEvent not handled:  "8008"  obj:  QListView(0x3167a60, name = "listView") "listView" 
FIXME: handle dialog end. 

Oh, I’m running it under Mint 17.2, BTW.

Will be tagging our engineer @lpugoy in this and he will get back to you :smile:

1 Like

@mscheper: Please send your logs to support@insynchq.com for investigation: How to find the log files.