Insync locking files on Windows

Recently I have found that Insync is locking files which it is uploading on Windows. This is causing a big problem because I am using software which is trying to create a file, do something with it, then delete it. But it keeps failing immediately because as soon as the file is created Insync opens it and then the file can’t be deleted. Did Insync always do this and can it be stopped?

Since this has happened to me again today, the reproduction steps are essentially:

• Ensure Insync is idle
  • Create a reasonably large file
  • Try to rename, delete or move the file in explorer
  • You will most likely receive a message saying you can’t because the file is open in Insync. Obviously the larger the file, the longer Insync takes to upload it and therefore the longer it takes to be able to touch the file.

Most annoyingly, pausing Insync won’t make it let go of the file either. You have to terminate it, pause it, then create your large file. I don’t recall having this problem so much in the past, but right now it’s causing me to have Insync permanently paused, which makes it somewhat pointless.

Hi @jbr,

Can you let me know if this is happening to a particular file type or is it happening to any large file you tried to modify?

I’ll open an issue for this so we can investigate further. Could you send your log files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?