New Insync version: 3.1.0

Release notes:

• Allow window resizing
  • Add HiDPI assets and zoom settings
  • Minor UI performance enhancements when handling folders with many items
  • Confirm that Shared drive items are actually trashed or removed in cloud before removing them locally
  • Remove error prompt when external/network drive is plugged back
  • Save and restore app window size and position
  • OneDrive: add handling for “list index out of range” errors
  • Windows: Prevent locking of files that are currently being synced

Windows 7 and later
macOS 10.10 (Yosemite and later)

Ubuntu (16.04 Xenial) & (18.04 Bionic)
Linux Mint (18.x) & (19.x)
Debian (8 Jessie) , (9 Stretch) & (10 Buster)
Fedora (27) , (28) , (29) & (30)

3 Likes

Question: Doe V3 finally obey Symlinks in Windows? This is a primary reason I abandoned V3 and went back to V1.X.

In windows 10, My app was uptaded from 3.1.0.40739 to 3.1.0.40756, now I can’t open it, don’t show the interface ( I reinstalled 40739 version and work ok), I have 5 PC with different hardware and all the same issue. SOLVE URGENT please!

Hi @CHRISTIAN_SEBA,

Apologies for the trouble and thank you for reporting!

Could you send your logs.db, out.txt, and settings.db to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?

Hi! May I know if you’ve tried to sync symlinks via our Local Selective Sync tool? This is the icon found at the upper right if our app window. :slight_smile:

The issues I am reporting since more than a year still exist: does not sync all files. It’s not some cosmetic nuance but the very core functionality of your software.

Always have to open the App GUI and browse to where I know folders are missing. Suddenly the software then re-syncs the structure from cloud to local. Also it always keeps showing the blue sync icon for several team drives. Never go green.

I often see your request “Could you send your logs.db, out.txt, and settings.db to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?” => can you please integrate this as a one- or two-click action into the app? Would make your and our life so much easier.

1 Like

Hello I sent a zip with the files… check please. thanks

on openSuse Tumbleweed synchronization does not work. Rollback to 3.0.31 and all history of changes was applied.

I have the same problem.
I installed version 3.1.0.40756, then after windows restart, it wont show interface, Sync is working however

Hi @pedja1 @CHRISTIAN_SEBA ,

We’re rolling out a fix for this particular issue in an upcoming build.

1 Like

Sorry, for the dealy, this Covid 19 crisis is really causing me a lot of issues.

No I have NOT tried it, and doubt I ever will. I need for Insync 3.X to obey symlinks the way 1.5 does. Without any intervention, because I create and remove symlinks regularly. In Insync 1.5X it just works.I simply want ALL the stuff in my Google Drive to be copied correctly - even symlinks.

Until 3.x does this I can never even try it again. This is a feature that needs to happen.

synchronization work after reinstall

Is there an easy way to remove files on one end and not on the other, relying on one end for the files or perhaps moving them to a zip archive?

Hi David,

If you want to remove files locally, you may do so by clicking “Unsync” on the app. Did you want to achieve the other way (remove cloud copy but retain local copy)?