Insync stuck with high cpu usage

Same. After Pause-Resume and restart the app, the sync works again. Also, “The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG A684470CACCAF35C Insynchq Inc services@insynchq.com” when running an update…

same for me! I am using the newest version of Insync 3.2.7.40868 on my Ubuntu 20.04 .

It didn’t happen when I was using Ubuntu 18.04

Hi @victor @Guilherme_Parreira! Please run this for APT:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys ACCAF35C

We’re currently fixing this for the next version. Sorry about that!

Tks @mia.

But it didn’t fix to me. See the output from my terminal (I tried this command both with Insync on and off):

[IT WORKS NOW] I restarted my PC, and it thankfully works!! (But I am not sure if this was the cause to work).

1 Like
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys ACCAF35C

That also seems to have fixed my issue, it seems to be working again for the first time in weeks.

1 Like

Hi there! The problem still happens for me some times.
For example, when I restart my PC, or when I turn off the app and turn it on again, my CPU gets 100% due to Insync.
So, it was not solved 100% yet.

However, the files are now uploaded/downloaded successfully and no longer appears “Scanning” on app window.

Hi Guilherme,

I’m also facing this problem. I have Insync installed on 3 machines, one with Linux Mint 20, other with Manjaro XFCE and other with Windows 10. Now and then I realize Insync is constantly consuming 12% CPU, but all files are synced and no scanning on app window. For now, the only solution I found was to restart the app.

Also, I have two accounts added to Insync, one personal account and one business account. It may be a coincidence, but I think the problems started when I added the business account.

Hi Lucas.
I think that the business account is just a coincidence (because I have only one account).

After using sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys ACCAF35C Insync improved its performance a little bit (without using 100% of CPU). Also, I constantly update my Ubuntu 20.04 system, and it seems that it is all solved (due to Ubuntu…)

Right now the app is smooth, but I don’t know for how long.

Thanks for sharing your status.

I had already replaced the keys and my Linux installations are up to date, but the problem persists.

Version 3.2.8 was released today, later I’ll give it a try.

Update: all packages are up to date and I’m running Insync 3.2.8.40877 - now and then it is still constantly consuming 12% CPU.

Note: the problem occurs only on my Linux setups.

Same problem here. Insync has been running at 100% CPU usage for at least 12 hours. Ubuntu 20.04, Insync v.3.2.7.40868 and 3.2.8.40877-focal. I’ve relied on Insync for many years, but it seems to be totally broken right now.

Specific problems:

• Insync is downloading lots of files that haven’t changed in ages. image

• Insync erroneously thinks that a small number of files were edited locally.

• Insync just loops on the same set of files.

• I have a hunch that Insync is syncing files that were previously ignored, but I can’t be certain that I remember settings well enough.

What I am certain of is that Insync used to mostly sit idle until file changes occur. Now it’s running continuously at ~100% CPU.

Hi Reece,

Thanks for reaching out about this. Could you please send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post? Those files can be found at ~/.config/Insync. Was this a recent upgrade from 1.x to 3.x by the way?

No, it was not a recent upgrade (I can’t remember when I did upgrade).

Logs sent.

I put more info in Insync 3.2.6 keeps scanning and not synching.

Thanks,
Reece

1 Like

I have the same problem, insync is burning up my laptop’s CPU syncing folders. But when I look into the folders its stuck on syncing the contents is all marked as fully synced.

Hi @Charles_Cunningham,

Could you confirm your Insync version and OS? Please also send us your logs.db and out.txt found by clicking the 3 dots on the upper right > Help > Open logs. If they’re too big to attach and send to support@insynchq.com, please share me a download link instead. :slight_smile:

It seems like the stuck sync and the CPU usage may be related. To confirm, only the top-level folder shows the blue badge-- both its contents and the tray icon indicate a green check?

Same problem here, my cpu was 100% (Ubuntu 20.04 here) , I had to stop insync processes , my cpu was going crazy.

Hi @Javier!

So sorry to hear that this happened to you. :frowning: Could you walk me through the setup— if Insync was trying to process a large sync, stuck scanning, etc?

Just to complement here, I had a similar issue yesterday, using Ubuntu 18. The computer was idle when I noticed the fans’ noise suddenly increasing. There was 2 insync processes using 100% cpu each, without syncing anything. Restarting insync solved the issue, but I don’t know what was the root cause.

I even waited a few minutes before restarting just to see if it was going to stop at some point, but it didn’t.

Hi @enricodias,

Could you please send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post? The 2 files can be found in ~/.config/Insync.

Sorry for the delay. I just sent the requested files.

1 Like